• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Connecting passive speakers to laptop. what fits here?

alaios

Hi all,
I am thinking to connect to my laptop those two passive speakers that I do not use anymore
SC-M41 coming from this system https://www.whathifi.com/denon/d-m41dab/review

I am thinking that this will be a big upgrade compared to mylaptops built in speakers. Now some questions arise

1. Which dac amplifier that can drive those speakers make sense here? I should not spend 600 euros for an amplifier for such speakers and setup.
2. I will place speakers atop the desk. How I can raise them few cms and how I can have more separationg between speakers and the desk?
3. Speakers will be placed close to front wall to help with the bass and also since this is the only available space :D at the desk

Let me know how would you approach this

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Got one of these for my son. Man it sounds good and has many inputs. <$200. Has a Sub out $400 should get something decent there.

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi all,
I am thinking to connect to my laptop those two passive speakers that I do not use anymore
SC-M41 coming from this system https://www.whathifi.com/denon/d-m41dab/review

I am thinking that this will be a big upgrade compared to mylaptops built in speakers. Now some questions arise

1. Which dac amplifier that can drive those speakers make sense here? I should not spend 600 euros for an amplifier for such speakers and setup.
2. I will place speakers atop the desk. How I can raise them few cms and how I can have more separationg between speakers and the desk?
3. Speakers will be placed close to front wall to help with the bass and also since this is the only available space :D at the desk

Let me know how would you approach this

Top Bottom