• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAP with replaceable battery

easylistening

Please recommend me a basic digital audio player with replaceable battery and good battery life. I don't need anything powerful, fancy or with bluetooth/wireless functionalities.

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
Hi @easylistening! Welcome to ASR.

Consider the LG G5:
bild-lg-g51.jpg

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Please recommend me a basic digital audio player with replaceable battery and good battery life. I don't need anything powerful, fancy or with bluetooth/wireless functionalities.
To drive what? If you tend to go with efficient low impedance high SPL/V headphones/IEM's you are better with a deacent smartphone not cut a lot and able to give 500 mV out, if you are in mid efficiency and impedance tire then a DAP or smartphone that can give 2 V preferably still unbalanced. If you want to drive high impedance low efficiency obviously more but don't use gear that's not meant to be portable as it. With smartphone in the middle and as player you have software DSP capabilities advantage and streaming services support of course and most of it works and over BT so you might also go for a deacent budget LDAC BT small receiver with a deacent DAC and such can be found for as little as 50 $/€ this day's. Of course replaceable batteries are ancient history and if you want one that doesn't pull much electricity and give 2 V or close so that battery life is good then something based on CS43131 DAC.

Top Bottom