• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DIY speaker kit recommendations?

kenshone

I'm thinking about building some bookshelf speakers that can hang in sound quality with the big boys. Any recommendations on DIY kits that could get to that level?

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm thinking about building some bookshelf speakers that can hang in sound quality with the big boys. Any recommendations on DIY kits that could get to that level?
Look at the DIY Swan on Amazon?

HiVi-Swans DIY 3.1A - 3.1 Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field Speakers - DIY Speaker Kit - Pair - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XGYJFRQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_34HJVSWQP2MQ8CSAPCTF

There’s a review on them here also.

Last edited:
OP
K

kenshone

I saw this on Amazon and wasn't sure on the quality. From Amir's review, it sounds like some of the components might have quality issues that are unrelated to sound quality, which gives me pause. I wonder if there's any kits with the same ballpark of sound quality, but better components...

Noaudiophileyo

I can highly recommend the 1tdx from ccs audio. The build itself was rewarding and I like the sound a lot. There are some good reviews on youtube which can tell you some more about the sound signature. I use a Audiolab 6000a to power them which is a good, affordable combination. When I purchased them I went for the standard crossovers but I am curious what the high end crossovers can bring to the table so I might upgrade them if I have some extra cash on hand.

1tdx-1.jpg

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

lewdish

I can highly recommend the 1tdx from ccs audio. The build itself was rewarding and I like the sound a lot. There are some good reviews on youtube which can tell you some more about the sound signature. I use a Audiolab 6000a to power them which is a good, affordable combination. When I purchased them I went for the standard crossovers but I am curious what the high end crossovers can bring to the table so I might upgrade them if I have some extra cash on hand.

View attachment 210165
Amir reviewed them recently and they seem to measure pretty well

Top Bottom