• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does Anyone Else Enjoy The Sound From Their Smartphone Speakers?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I listen to a lot of youtube on it and needed it to be loud to overcome the noise of my electric toothbrush and some.
Of heard of some bad phone additions but Jesus Christ man.
Put the frinkin thing down to brush your teeth. :facepalm:

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So...what are your thoughts? Am I the only one enjoying sound on a smart phone?
Not smart phone, but these bluetooth speakers have "True Wireless Stereo", the source connects to one and that one plays the first channel and connects to the other which play the second channel. It works, the stereo image is there.
PXL_20220221_155647032.jpg

PXL_20220221_155711085.jpg

PXL_20220221_155724794.jpg

PXL_20220221_160721548.jpg

Missing of course is volume and frequency range.
They are named "Grundig Jam", i paid 25€ for one. They have aux in, if you have a 3.5mm cable. They also act as a power bank and have a builtin microphone for calls.
I bought them for my Kajak adventures as they are also water proof.
signal-2021-07-20-193855.jpeg

Penelinfi

I watched a movie on my phone; I normally reserve movie watching for the TV and full sound system, but this was for "fun".
It's surprising that you don't need all the big stuff to get quite a lot of the enjoyment, especially when you aren't trying to analyse the performance of the gear as it's playing ;p

Head_Unit

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This just in: really loved having music from the phone running along the rivers in Lisboa and Granada and Madrid. Normally I use an Apple Watch and headphones to be more free, but in strange cities I want the map and maybe Uber function. So as I noted it's SO great to have even mediocre sound instead of none.

OP
MattHooper

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Dang it all, I continue to sheepishly admit how much I enjoy listening to music on my iPhone 13 speakers!

I was going through a book I have, Rush Album By Album. I'm an old school Rush fan who got off the train after the Signals album. So I was on the sofa with the big book, reading about each album I hadn't heard, and sampling each album as I read about it. I just played the tracks, iPhone held landscape mode in front of my face, so I got the Dolby stereo effect. And it was amazingly engaging. I could really hear into the space and production of the recordings, and pick out almost every instrument with ease. Even Peart's drum kit was easily revealed so I could follow all his parts. I then listened to some ABBA (I'm a fan, shoot me) which can often be super dense and complex in arrangement and production, and again, it was spacious sounding, and everything in the production was so easy to hear and appreciate.

I'm friggin' selling my 2 channel system!

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I'm friggin' selling my 2 channel system!
Good idea, use the money to upgrade your multich rig.

There's something seriously wrong with you. :facepalm:
;)

OP
MattHooper

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Good idea, use the money to upgrade your multich rig.

There's something seriously wrong with you. :facepalm:
;)

Gonna try playing records through my iphone.

Mikig

no, not to me at all!

also because it is already the third smartphone that presents the usual defect: each speaker is becoming increasingly lower in volume.

They told me last time it was the sound card, the time before that it was too old…..

now after 19 years of the same brand, I'm starting to look elsewhere…..

Haint

Samsung's high end tablets (e.g. the Galaxy Tab S9's, excluding the cut down FE) have astonishingly good speakers. I'm talking really really really good, especially the Ultra.

SDC

I enjoy listening to music through my phone speakers.

While they may not offer high-fidelity sound, their low-fidelity quality has a certain relaxing texture that I find quite enjoyable.

Top Bottom