• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Does this "relax" main speakers

alaios

Greetings everyone,
this is from the nad c 3050
423-BluOS-600.jpg

do I understand this right that by adjusting the crossover frequency the main speakers will not be handling lower frequencies ? or is it only by tuning my subs (my subs have a crossover dial)

Alex

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Greetings everyone,
this is from the nad c 3050
423-BluOS-600.jpg

do I understand this right that by adjusting the crossover frequency the main speakers will not be handling lower frequencies ? or is it only by tuning my subs (my subs have a crossover dial)

Alex
Correct. It is a high pass filter for your mains. Simply speaking: Everything above it, will be handled by your mains. And everything below it needs to be handled by your sub.

The xover dial on your sub is only there if you don’t have Dirac or the like. In case of Dirac handling the xover set the dial on the sub to max, so you are not accidentally curbing Dirac in its functionality.

OP
A

alaios

So then I understand this right this machine allows me to tune a crossover and at the same time supports Dirac. So pretty much it does "everything" at 1.5k. Nice

Which other amplifiers have dirac support? Do we have a list somewhere?

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
So then I understand this right this machine allows me to tune a crossover and at the same time supports Dirac. So pretty much it does "everything" at 1.5k. Nice

Which other amplifiers have dirac support? Do we have a list somewhere?
Pretty much all the new Denons, probably new Marantz, MiniDSP (but those are not AVRs), …. Go to the Dirac website, I am pretty sure they have a list of supported devices.

Top Bottom