• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dune 2021

Gorgonzola

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yep. Too much action for my taste. Dune 1 was better and much closer to the book.

I tend to agree and prefer Part 1 as well.

There are significant differences from the book but they are surprising not damaging to the underlying themes of the novel. Strong references in Part 2 to the "religion" of the Fremen and Paul's messiahship are probably a setup for the third movie, presumably based on Herbert's sequel, Dune Messiah.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I tend to agree and prefer Part 1 as well.
Yes, I think I also like part 1 slightly more, but I didn't think there was too much action. Rather the opposite.. It was quite boring and long-winded at times. After all the hype about part 2 being better, I was a bit disappointed.

Nevertheless, it's still a very good movie and an absolute marvel to watch and listen to.

Top Bottom