• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Forum Software Upgrade!!!

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The Alerts link used to expand a drop-down list if you hover over it with the mouse. It no longer does that. Not a big deal at all, but it is a change.

Timbo2

And she ain't no Geisha girl. She is getting married and is wearing the traditional Shinto wedding outfit:

_G5T0478-XL.jpg

Here is another in the same venue:

_G5T0541-XL.jpg

Tsunokakushi
This is traditionally worn to veil the bride's horns of jealousy, ego and selfishness. It also symbolizes the bride's resolve to become a gentle and obedient wife.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
<<Comment deleted just in case my wife ever reads this.>>

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
It’s intresting how we all interact with this type of software, deal with changes like this etc . I hate it initially but in this case have found the ‘upgrade’ to be a genuine improvement.
I always found it interesting (maddening to infuriating ) how in the computer world an "upgrade" is so often a reinvention of the wheel. Rather than just being a bug fix and added features overhaul, someone always finds it nessacary to redesign the user interface requiring a big learning curve to navigate that which you knew very well in the past. He just had to show how much better he is at UI design.
Many times even worse in the open source world where every time a bright new coder comes along on a project, instead of folding his ideas and talents into the existing project, he forks the code into a whole new design. So much potential strenght gets watered down thru division.

Wombat

Master Contributor
FWIW.

Member join date, number of posts and number of 'likes' are no longer shown under the avatar. I liked how it was. :(

Last edited:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
FWIW.

Member join date, number of posts and number of 'likes' are no longer shown under the avatar. I how it was.
It's all there in my browser?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Here?

1526790126221.png

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
BTW, the emoi's are fugly.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
BTW, the emoi's are fugly.
:eek: Just woken up to find someone has sawn my legs off
:D Emotionally introverted serial killer enjoying their work
:oops: Prince Phillip at the royal wedding busting for a wee halfway through the nuptials

Yes I’m not all that keen either

Wombat

Master Contributor
o_O Need a diaper.

;) Something in my eye.

:rolleyes: You don't believe me?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Not showing at this end. Win 7 and IE11.

Edit: I also tried compatibility mode - no difference except the toolbar in the reply pane disappeared. :oops:
That's really strange. I checked and can't find any such reports from other users of our platform. And it works for all of my browsers.

Anyone else see this?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Not showing at this end. Win 7 and IE11.

Edit: I also tried compatibility mode - no difference except the toolbar in the reply pane disappeared. :oops:
I don’t have that info either , iPad mini.
Humm.
Info resolving fine here in Linux-Firefox & Win 10 Firefox, Chrome, and MS Edge & Android Tablet Chrome?

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I have random occurrences of a completely missing reply pane on another Xenforo site. A reboot fixes it.

Wombat

Master Contributor
My pc is connected to Wireless Broadband Internet. I use a 'pocketwifi' modem connected to the PC by a USB cable. Whilst the portable modem can be used as a WiFi 'hotspot', I use it hard-connected to the Laptop. I thought this was a radio-based internet system separate from ADSL and 3G/4G networks. Maybe it does use the mobile phone system and my computer is seen as a mobile(portabally connected) device - thus no extra information below the avatar.

https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/...nce-between-wireless-broadband-and-adsladsl2/

:(

Wombat

Master Contributor
The Recent Posts column now contains 5 posts vs 10 previously. Then the recent posts spill over to the New Posts page. Could the Recent Post list be increased, even if a scroll function is added?

Last edited:
Top Bottom