• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

FS: NEW Focal Astral 16 IN STOCK - Latest firmware - 12ch Pascal class D - SMPS per each 4 ch. - 4 XLR outputs - Dirac Live Bass Control

BradsAV

Forum Donor
Dealer
Hey everyone,

I have an extra Focal Astral 16 in stock ready to ship. The MSRP is $19,999, and I'm offering this unit at 40% off $12,000 shipping and processing fees included. Think of the Astral as a receiver version of the StormAudio ISP Elite. Astral's identical cousin, StormAudio I.ISP, uses the same firmware as the ISP Elite, and not the Core 16. Astral's firmware, however, has the benefit of a second layer of evaluation from Focal's engineers in France. Not to mention, the new kid on the block, ISR Fusion 20, is significantly more expensive than Astral, offers equal performance and the same amount of analog outputs (4).

Every high end processor I sell is 'open box' because I take the unit out for firmware updates as soon as it arrives from the manufacturer. This Astral will arrive ready to use with the latest firmware already installed. It has never been connected to speakers or av sources, only power and ethernet.

Quick Specs:
-7x2 HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 18GBPS all ports 4K60 (Field upgradeable to HDMI 2.1a HDCP 2.3 40GBPS all ports 8K60/4K120)
-12ch Pascal class D built-in (3 SMPS, one for each bank of 4 for internal amps)
-4 XLR outputs (flexible channel routing)
-Dirac Live license included with option to upgrade to DLBC (and most likely Dirac ART in the near future)
-Unlimited audio zone support w/dirac in every zone
-Multi-way active crossovers up to 4-way
-Guaranteed firmware updates and compatibility with future technologies

Last edited:

Descartes

Major Contributor
Hey everyone,

I have an extra Focal Astral 16 in stock ready to ship. The MSRP is $19,999, and I'm offering this unit at 40% off $12,000 shipping and processing fees included. Think of the Astral as a receiver version of the StormAudio ISP Elite. Astral's identical cousin, StormAudio I.ISP, uses the same firmware as the ISP Elite, and not the Core 16. Astral's firmware, however, has the benefit of a second layer of evaluation from Focal's engineers in France. Not to mention, the new kid on the block, ISR Fusion 20, is significantly more expensive than Astral, offers equal performance and the same amount of analog outputs (4).

Every high end processor I sell is 'open box' because I take the unit out for firmware updates as soon as it arrives from the manufacturer. This Astral will arrive ready to use with the latest firmware already installed. It has never been connected to speakers or av sources, only power and ethernet.

Quick Specs:
-7x2 HDMI 2.0 HDCP 2.2 18GBPS all ports 4K60 (Field upgradeable to HDMI 2.1a HDCP 2.3 40GBPS all ports 8K60/4K120)
-12ch Pascal class D built-in (3 SMPS, one for each bank of 4 for internal amps)
-4 XLR outputs (flexible channel routing)
-Dirac Live license included with option to upgrade to DLBC (and most likely Dirac ART in the near future)
-Unlimited audio zone support w/dirac in every zone
-Multi-way active crossovers up to 4-way
-Guaranteed firmware updates and compatibility with future technologies
Tempting but no HDMi 2.1?

OP
B

BradsAV

Forum Donor
Dealer
Bump hearing offers. Includes new in box MiniDSP UMIK-1

Top Bottom