• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Help with to choice a receiver(Spdif) for Soundbar

Hello people maybe someone had a problem what I have. I have a tv stick(Xiaomi Mi TV Box S(2nd Gen)) and I want to connect to Soundbar by Bluetooth. Soundbar has two ports: hdmi and Spidf.Tv stick have mini-spidf but it lay far away from soundbar and i can't connect it. I would like to buy a receiver and connect by bluetooth(LDAC). Can someone advise price-quality ratio a receiver for that. Thank for reading and spent time. Sorry for English it's second and I don't use it in life.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Topping BC3 would be my pick. It's just a shame that having it plugged in permanently will inevitably kill the battery as there's no way to disconnect it or set a charge limit.

You can find measurements here and here.

The FiiO BTA30 Pro is bound to come up as well in the discussion, and while the construction and form factor is much better suited to your use case, the Bluetooth implementation has some issues.
Mainly 16 bit truncation with LDAC and an aggressive noise gate with everything but LDAC. Here are measurements.

Last edited:

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
You neither said which soundbar is it nor what you hope to achieve. Anyway no one hire has a very high opinion about soundbars nor they sound reproduction abilities. If you have a deacent WiFi rooter you are in any way better with using a WiFi streamer with Toslink (SPDIF) optical out then LDAC BT in any form as in the high mode it will have a very limited range compared to WiFi.
As such and a cheap way of archiving a goal of basically transparent and ground loops free Toslink transmission you should consider WiiM Mini. Of course you need to use phone app with it tho even Roon will work. So if supported streaming services and local server DLNA and UPnP or WiFi direct is suitable to your needs and intended purpose you should do just that.
By the way have fun and welcome.

OP
D

Dmitriy1989

Topping BC3 would be my pick. It's just a shame that having it plugged in permanently will inevitably kill the battery as there's no way to disconnect it or set a charge limit.

You can find measurements here and here.

The FiiO BTA30 Pro is bound to come up as well in the discussion, and while the construction and form factor is much better suited to your use case, the Bluetooth implementation has some issues.
Mainly 16 bit truncation with LDAC and an aggressive noise gate with everything but LDAC. Here are measurements.
Topping BC3 I found several complaint about battery fast dead and the device no work(((
https://www.amazon.se/-/en/ES9018Q2...show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews
Before write the topic i found by himself The FiiO BTA30 Pro and FiiO BTA30(it's cheap) on the internet. i read specifications and I almost bought The FiiO BTA30 Pro, but then i found this forum I changed mind and thank people who write reviews. After that i realized what i can't find it himself.

OP
D

Dmitriy1989

You neither said which soundbar is it nor what you hope to achieve. Anyway no one hire has a very high opinion about soundbars nor they sound reproduction abilities. If you have a deacent WiFi rooter you are in any way better with using a WiFi streamer with Toslink (SPDIF) optical out then LDAC BT in any form as in the high mode it will have a very limited range compared to WiFi.
As such and a cheap way of archiving a goal of basically transparent and ground loops free Toslink transmission you should consider WiiM Mini. Of course you need to use phone app with it tho even Roon will work. So if supported streaming services and local server DLNA and UPnP or WiFi direct is suitable to your needs and intended purpose you should do just that.
By the way have fun and welcome.
Sorry, I really don't say for what I need it. My an aim watch films and listen to music and relax after hard a day:). Soundbar It's brand Samsung I don't home and can't answer which model. Soundbar has Bluetooth, but listen to music and watch films from Bluetooth don't very comfortable for ears sound is muffled because I think it's have old version Bluetooth. Therefore, I thought upgrade Bluetooth to buy Ldac receiver and connect Spidf. Thank Wiim Mini really interesting thing and very good for streams, but I found review on the internet if i will be watch films on the device the sound will be transced by Bluetooth.Maybe do they wrong??

Last edited:

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Sorry, I really don't say for what I need it. My an aim watch films and listen to music and relax after hard a day:). Soundbar It's brand Samsung I don't home and can't answer which model. Soundbar has Bluetooth, but listen to music and watch films from Bluetooth don't very comfortable for ears sound is muffled because I think it's have old version Bluetooth. Therefore, I thought upgrade Bluetooth to buy Ldac receiver and connect Spidf. Thank Wiim Mini really interesting thing and very good for streams, but I found review on the internet if i will be watch films on the device the sound will be transced by Bluetooth.Maybe do they wrong??
Well for movie's just use HDMI connection from TV as intended, Toslink (from TV) would also work but it will be occupied and besides why complicate things more than you have. Best regards and enjoy.

OP
D

Dmitriy1989

Well for movie's just use HDMI connection from TV as intended, Toslink (from TV) would also work but it will be occupied and besides why complicate things more than you have. Best regards and enjoy.
You are right.Early I used to have a tv and I did it by HDMI (arc) and it was good.Now I use a projector which connects Xiaomi Mi TV Box S(2nd Gen) and they lay far away from soundbar. I would like to find a device that will balance(compromise) between music and films.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Well if it whose My box pro I would have suggested Toslink. You need to be aware most projects have a lag (more lag then TV's) and BT also lags (and more significantly with better quality higher rate codecs) so you will probably need to use A-V sync for that to work good enough (for differences over 20 ms).