• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I need more electrical outlets

willjk

I have 8 outlet power conditioner/surge protector but I need more outlets. Is it a good idea to run a power strip out of one of the power conditioner/surge protector’s outlet? Options?

DonR

Major Contributor
^ That is what I do on my UPS. Power strip powers the wall warts for the low-draw devices.

rcstevensonaz

Another option to a power strip is power cord splitters. These solve the issue of warts that don't easily fit on a power strip, can make the cabling a bit cleaner, and are available in a wide range AWG sizing and length. Example: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BL43XLLD

One other note is that most UPS devices recommend against using power strips that include surge protection (which is being provided by the UPS already in the first place).

Top Bottom