• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Indecision between woled and qdoled (panasonic lz980/1000 and samsung s95b)

Panasonic or Samsung?

• LZ980/LZ1000

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • S95B

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Hello, i want buy a oled tv, my use is to connect with hdmi to the gpu of my pc (4070ti) and use it with pc, for movies (1080p movies, i have a lot of its so scaler in the tv is important) and gaming from pc in 4k what choose in your opinion, a panasonic lz980/lz1000 or samsung s95b?

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
So that's one opinion from the guy who does more measurements than anyone else when it comes to TV's. All do it whose sponsored he didn't lie.
Neither that Samsung which lacks Dolby Vision (and has horrible lag outside game mode) nor mentioned Panasonic's lacking G-Sync are great choice for you.
You need both.
I would wait to see how things play out with Panasonic MZ2000, price will definitely be big, no doubt about that.
In a mean time you can try to find candidate's that do have all you need and reed reviews with measurements of course.

JSmith

Master Contributor
panasonic lz980/lz1000
Their OLED's are from LG... LG sell their panels to Panasonic, Sony (drive the LG panel well, but pricey in comparison to an LG), Philips, Loewe, JVC, Hisense, Konka and others.

Also, Panasonic only rebadge now...
samsung s95b
A nice OLED... but is different to the WOLED with colour filters that LG make. It uses a triangular RGB OLED and does have some issues using same as a PC monitor due to this;
The Samsung S95B uses a unique subpixel structure. Instead of having all three subpixels in a row, each pixel forms a triangle, with the larger green subpixel at the top. This isn't really noticeable with most video content, but it's an issue if you're using the TV as a PC monitor. Text has just okay clarity from a PC, as Windows ClearType settings aren't designed for this subpixel structure, and can't correct for it.

JSmith

symphara

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'd get an LG. Best performance/price ratio, with excellent performance. Support for Dolby Vision, unlike Samsung, excellent motion processing (I am very susceptible and hate judder and soap opera effect), best in class gaming support.

Now the G3/C3 are out and they're really good.

Moonhead

psssstttt… did you mean A95K.

Edit: LG seems to be the gaming choice.

Top Bottom