• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Kef R11 (Non-Meta) vs Revel F208

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi

Very short question as per the title: Kef R11(Non-meta) or Revel F208?
The F208, NIB, are likely to cost more, I am comfortable with buying used however. The R11 (Non-Meta) although they are being discontinued are compelling at the current <$1500.oo per speaker.
I have JBL LSR305 for surround.
I listen to music in 2-channel + 2, soon to be 3, Subwoofers.

What do you think people?

Peace

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I never had the F/M series at my house, only Be, but I heard them in many showrooms. I quite like them, and would probably prefer them to Kef. Like many, I feel Kef is missing some quality largely interpreted as dynamic range. Revel and JBL 70x excel at this - low level details are easily present at all volumes. Revel also plays wide enough that one feels the sound is wrapping around you.

You know I'm being honest because I'm selling R11's NiB and would still steer you toward Revel :)

seanhyatt

Hi

Very short question as per the title: Kef R11(Non-meta) or Revel F208?
The F208, NIB, are likely to cost more, I am comfortable with buying used however. The R11 (Non-Meta) although they are being discontinued are compelling at the current <$1500.oo per speaker.
I have JBL LSR305 for surround.
I listen to music in 2-channel + 2, soon to be 3, Subwoofers.

What do you think people?

Peace
I just bought a pair of R11 and they have not impressed me. I have KEF Q900 that I a/b tested with the R11 and I could not identify much if any SQ difference. That is not what I expected. If you are not tied into the KEF ecosystem I would try revel. I have all KEF speakers for atmos and wanted to stay in the family.

OP
F

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks All ... leaning heavy toward Revel but the R11 non -Meta, at its current sales b/c discontinued sales price is attractive... but I hear you abou the wide vs less-wide sirectivity aspects.

Peace.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Thanks All ... leaning heavy toward Revel but the R11 non -Meta, at its current sales b/c discontinued sales price is attractive... but I hear you abou the wide vs less-wide sirectivity aspects.

Peace.
I used to have R7 listened to Ref5 and R1. Currently own Ref5 plus subs. I think all are measurably very very good speakers, especially for that price. What you like, only you can decide in your room and my / others preferences are irrelevant in that matter.

Mauro

My first hand experience with their siblings (r7 and f206) tells me that both are neutral sounding. With revels having the ability to disappear as an open window and with kefs having pin point imaging capabilities.
My personal preference is for revel floorstanders for sofa listening and kef small bookshelves’ for desk listening.

Top Bottom