• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

KEF wireless @Purité Audio

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
I haven’t a stack, but have added two KC62 subs to both LS50’s and 60’s thry really make a difference with the 50’s and less so with the 60’s but if you have the cash and the space?
Stating the obvious, if you have a large room/sit further away/enjoy playing really loudly then there may ( are) be more suitable options.
Keith

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I haven’t a stack, but have added two KC62 subs to both LS50’s and 60’s thry really make a difference with the 50’s and less so with the 60’s but if you have the cash and the space?
Very nice. Have clients bought this configuration?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Yes, personally adding a sub to the 50’s is almost mandatory, for EDM/modern/films then the subs add a whooph to the LS60s.
Often it is a space issue that dissuades the use of subs and that is where the Sigberg ‘pizza box’ designs have been useful, they can slide in/under almost anywhere.
Keith

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, personally adding a sub to the 50’s is almost mandatory, for EDM/modern/films then the subs add a whooph to the LS60s.
Often it is a space issue that dissuades the use of subs and that is where the Sigberg ‘pizza box’ designs have been useful, they can slide in/under almost anywhere.
Keith
Wow that's impressive.
Dimensions (BHD):
Inkognito 10: 650x540x155 mm
Inkognito 12: 650x540x170 mm (feet adds 30mm in horisontal positon og 60mm vertical)

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Latest KEF LS60 install, the customer has limited space ( he has two other complete systems) in this room and was already using a pair of KEF LSX’s, we compared the KEF 50 II wireless to the LS60’s and the 60’s won.
Blue KEF LS60’s
20240412_192559.jpeg

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
KEF wireless at Purité Audio London.
20240412_190325.jpeg

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
KEF wireless at Purité Audio London.
We have the complete range and we welcome direct comparison.
The customer above originally intended a pair of LS50s but decided upon the LS60s after direct comparison.
20240412_190154.jpeg

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Dood, I think I have tried every possible configuration, inside/outside, interleaved, even small ones on top of big ones with higher seat option.
At the moment I have the Mantas firing down the room, and the 8Cs/SBS firing across, KEFs in another room, I always ask the customer how they listen and then try to recreate as closely as possibly, ideally the Harman ‘shuffler’!
Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
The photos are the customers showing his original LSX’s and the new LS60s, these are for his third system although typically he spends more time in this room than any other, the KEFs are extremely convenient to use and they sound great to boot.
Keith

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I like this!>
KEF web page quote.>>>

Different rooms, same enjoyment​

When partnered with other LS Wireless Collection speakers, you can use AirPlay 2, Chromecast or Roon to fill the entire house with the same playlist.

...and.

Power consumption
450W (operating power)
<2.0W (standby power)

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Yes I suppose as I have grown older, Increasingly I just don’t want to fiddle with equipment, I just want the very best possible sound immediately.
Streaming has been a revelation a cliché but streaming services introduce to so much new and old music, albums I never would have purchased bands I lost contact with…
The whole family listen to music ( sometimes too loudly) all the time.
Keith

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I have become accustomed to stuff simply working and being reliable. It's that good now. One can just forget the gear and enjoy the compilation.

Top Bottom