• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loki (No Spoilers)

JSmith

Master Contributor
this is really good!
Looks interesting actually and highly rated too;

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9140554/

Will have to check this out, thanks for posting. :)

1623987802637.png

JSmith

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought episode one was pretty wonderful actually. Plan on watching episode two here in just a bit. Clever, interesting and engaging without being all about special efx and such. Some of the efx are being used to give some scenes a 1960's meets the far future vibe which will only make sense once you see it for yourself. The efx are serving the storyline instead of being the story.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought episode 1 was quite an embarrassment, but the second attempt is much better. Hope they can keep it up. The identity politics factor is a bit to high for my liking though.

OP
Freckles.Mcgee
I thought episode one was pretty wonderful actually. Plan on watching episode two here in just a bit. Clever, interesting and engaging without being all about special efx and such. Some of the efx are being used to give some scenes a 1960's meets the far future vibe which will only make sense once you see it for yourself. The efx are serving the storyline instead of being the story.

Yeah it's nice not have cgi be the center of the show.

You mention the 1960's so right on! While not the sixties I also get Fallout (video game) vibes.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm not huge into TV but this is really good! With the weather being just brutal, I really need a respite and this looks perfect.

They got me on ep. 2. I'm loki'n forward to more! :)

Where are you baking, Texas or further West?

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The identity politics factor is a bit to high for my liking though.

the show is about an Asgardian god trying to stop the same Asgardian god from messing with the timeline which the earlier Asgardian god also almost did.

What identity politics are you talking about for fucks sake.

Last edited:

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought episode 1 was quite an embarrassment, but the second attempt is much better. Hope they can keep it up. The identity politics factor is a bit to high for my liking though.
Wow, i thought so too so after reading all the glowing reviews i thought i was the only one who was very disappointed.

deprogrammed

I thought the audio quality was pretty good. I could hear the dialogue. Parts reminded me I need new subs....

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought the audio quality was pretty good. I could hear the dialogue. Parts reminded me I need new subs....
Fortunately, I had a new sub this week. No kidding.

I thought episode 2 wasn't really moving the story along much, but then the last third of the show did indeed push it along nicely. Leaves me wanting and wondering where episode 3 is going now.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
What identity politics are you talking about for fucks sake.

Siting a plot summary is hardly proof of anything.. is it? Not sure what the fucks sake has anything to do with anything? The title says "no spoilers", so without them, it will be hard to site any concrete examples. But let me say this. Over the past few years, already three franchises dear to me have been destroyed by this nonsense (and many other issues as well), notably Dr Who, Star Wars and Star-Trek even twice. And it's not even just me, just look at the viewership that tanked massively for all three. There seems to be some hope for Star Wars though, but we'll have to see about that. Marvel will await the same fate I'm afraid. Look at what they did to the Marvel comics.. nobody want's those, sales is in the gutter. Especially the first episode had enough tell-tale signs imho to be worried. The second one was much better and more enjoyable overall, so let's see what the rest brings :cool:

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Siting a plot summary is hardly proof of anything.. is it? Not sure what the fucks sake has anything to do with anything? The title says "no spoilers", so without them, it will be hard to site any concrete examples. But let me say this. Over the past few years, already three franchises dear to me have been destroyed by this nonsense (and many other issues as well), notably Dr Who, Star Wars and Star-Trek even twice. And it's not even just me, just look at the viewership that tanked massively for all three. There seems to be some hope for Star Wars though, but we'll have to see about that. Marvel will await the same fate I'm afraid. Look at what they did to the Marvel comics.. nobody want's those, sales is in the gutter. Especially the first episode had enough tell-tale signs imho to be worried. The second one was much better and more enjoyable overall, so let's see what the rest brings :cool:

the show literally doesn't have any humans.

danadam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The title says "no spoilers", so without them, it will be hard to site any concrete examples.
Siting a plot summary is hardly proof of anything.. is it?
Maybe he just wanted to show how to use
Code:
[spoiler=optional title]Vader is Luke's father :-)[/spoiler]
tag? ;)

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, episode 3 was quite Dr Who like in the positive sense. Timing was all over the place though. It did have several interesting scenes. All in all, mostly quite positive. I hope they keep it up.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I was surprised reviews of episode 3 were negative in general. I thought it was a fine episode. One key piece of info we didn't know before:

That those working at the TVA are all Variants, but don't know it. Makes some sense. If you have to trim a time line because of a Variant and you can't leave that Variant around then put them in the TVA.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, I guess the timing aspect is a big negative here. All in all not that much happened in the episode, and while it's only 30 minutes or so, it felt a lot longer.

abdo123

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, I guess the timing aspect is a big negative here. All in all not that much happened in the episode, and while it's only 30 minutes or so, it felt a lot longer.

I agree, not a single scene was filler content. even the
totally unnecessary
super hero fight at the end made the emotional impact of the end much better and ended up ironically reminding us that this is not a super hero show.

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey no spoilers :eek:

Not only the fight was a bit unnecessary, it also was a very contrived scene: it was basically a one-take (at least visually ;) ). At times it looked very orchestrated and fake. I bet that part cost a lot of money! Also, why can Loki hold a massive building, and even throw it, but then seconds later struggles to fights like a normal human without any powers? Is that just his mischief?

Top Bottom