• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Lumin U2 or Lumin U2Mini ?

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@Ronen

I would advise you to read more threads here at ASR. You'll save money and that could result in your building a much better and, enjoyable audio system.
A streamer is a streamer..., is a streamer. These send"0" and "1" to a DAC, Some have a DAC built-in, your current streamer does. It is important to know, to understand to fully grok... that a $9.95 DAC, I cite my favorite the Apple dongle, for most humans, including those who claim to have golden ears, when level are matched , will sound the exact same as any DAC, including some costing well over $50,000.oo .. Same with streamer. The WiiM will sound nor better, nor worse than yours... On the ergonomics side, there are differences. Some GUI are better than others, even from an objective basis.
The Lumin.. will likely ilLUMINate" :D, the manufacturer bank accounts, while yours will definitely shed some weight, for no audio gains.

Peace.

Last edited:

mindcruncher

For heaven's sake please don't buy either of them.

Streamers with digital output aren't witchcraft.

Even the $100 WiiM Mini can provide bit-perfect digital output.

Those 2.5k/5k streamers will quite literally sound exactly the same.

There is no logic in such a purchasing decision.
It's good for me too read posts like yours, makes me stay on target for new speakers and not end up and buy expensive (but beautiful) streamers and DACs.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am now with the Bluesound NODE.
Want to upgrade to a better streamer.
If the answer that all digital 10101010 then its all the same with no difference except the iOS App , So the BluOS App is great.
But I want a better streamer player. Or there isn't one.
There isn't one.

Enjoy your music.

allmanfan

For heaven's sake please don't buy either of them.

Streamers with digital output aren't witchcraft.

Even the $100 WiiM Mini can provide bit-perfect digital output.

Those 2.5k/5k streamers will quite literally sound exactly the same.

There is no logic in such a purchasing decision.
everything sounds the same..amps,DAC's,streamers...only a fool spends more than 200 bucks for snakeoil

Top Bottom