• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Manger Audio @ Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Fitzcaraldo215

Major Contributor
An interview with Daniela Manger also appears in the one-page Q&A feature inside the back cover of the April 2017 The Abso!ute Sound. However, as usual, that feature says abso!ultely nothing meaningful or useful in any way.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Audio magazine have just reviewed their S1 loudspeaker,

Keith

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Part two of 'Audio's Manger S1 review,

Keith

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It is very many years since I listened to a Manger speaker and I seem to remember sideways as well as forward facing drivers, but could be wrong. It reminded me a bit of an LS3/5a in its clarity at low volumes but it was incredibly inefficient and very flat on dynamic music like large orchestral, even more than the LS3/5a, since this ismy usual fare I didn't persist.
I presume it goes modal to cover the full frequency range like NXT/BMR drivers but uses the shaped layers to damp resonance rather than asymmetric drive.
I assume active drive solves part of this - how are you finding them on dynamic music Keith?

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Frank Hi, I remember Audio Physic made a very expensive using three manger drivers, and 'Overkill Audio' used Manger as well , I believe the new drivers are a little more sensitive ,regarding dynamics they are extremely similar to the ATCs or Kii's we have here, they do have a nice quality , perhaps having no crossover from mid to teeeter or the excellent step response?
They are quite large though!
BW Keith

Nightlord

GCK+Audio+Physic.JPG

Audio Physics 'Medea'

I believe the front&side mounting is a bid to control the edge diffraction. And yes, I believe Manger themselves used to have a model with the same methodology once.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Cosmik

Major Contributor
Manger Audio upgrade involving Furutech wiring and gold plated fuses. A great way to invest 1500 euros.

Top Bottom