• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My DIY speakers -"J&N"

jororaitchev

Hello,
A model of my DIY loudspeakers i have served Ti6k- JBL. My first contact with
them, was in distant 2005.
I started working with them in 2009 and finished in 2012.
The loudspeakers are "SEAS"- Excel / Tw-1”, Mw-5”for center 2х 5.5”,Bass-8,5”/ and cross-over parts- "Intertechnik".

Nominal impedance- 8 OhFreguency Range 30Hz-20kHzCharacterstic Sensitivity(2,83V/1m)- 87db
Long Term-110W.
Here are a pictur, if there is interest i will continue.
Joro

Attachments

• J&N.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,047

digicidal

Major Contributor
WOW! If cabinet work was a reliable indication of sound - those would be fantastic sounding! Seriously, I'm sure they do sound fantastic as well - great driver selection at least. Great job! They definitely seem like a labor of love.

OP
jororaitchev

jororaitchev

^Thank you for your opinion!
ll show you how was made the cabinets of this speakers are made, step by step;
First I did this "home-matrix MK.jpgp.jpg2.jpg
After, i bended 8 layers / 4mm / MDF;
m-.jpg3-3.jpg
The next moment - assembly, veneering with " Bird's Eye View" and i got this :
1.jpgF.jpg2.jpg11.jpg
The finish is 35-40 layers of acrylic auto varnish and after each layer- polishing in order to obtain this:
5-5.jpg5-6.jpg

digicidal

Major Contributor
The finish is 35-40 layers of acrylic auto varnish and after each layer- polishing in order to obtain this:
View attachment 33762View attachment 33763

I salute both your design talent and your patience and dedication. I would say those could easily be put in a room at an audio show with a five-figure price tag on them - and no one would even question it... in fact, assuming they measure well also - you'd probably have some people asking what volumes you could ship them in! :)

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Hello,
A model of my DIY loudspeakers i have served Ti6k- JBL. My first contact with
them, was in distant 2005.
I started working with them in 2009 and finished in 2012.
The loudspeakers are "SEAS"- Excel / Tw-1”, Mw-5”for center 2х 5.5”,Bass-8,5”/ and cross-over parts- "Intertechnik".

Nominal impedance- 8 OhFreguency Range 30Hz-20kHzCharacterstic Sensitivity(2,83V/1m)- 87db
Long Term-110W.
Here are a pictur, if there is interest i will continue.
Joro

Yeah...that's a lot nicer than I was expecting! You should be very proud of those beauties!
Nicely thought out and very very impressive work.

Gorgeous!

OP
jororaitchev

jororaitchev

I salute both your design talent and your patience and dedication. I would say those could easily be put in a room at an audio show with a five-figure price tag on them - and no one would even question it... in fact, assuming they measure well also - you'd probably have some people asking what volumes you could ship them in! :)
Thank you for appreciating my work! In fact, with these quality speakers, any more advanced DIYer would handle it.Thank you for appreciating my work! In fact, with these quality speakers, any more advanced DIYer would handle it.

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is excellent work. I've made a few speakers in my time but never anything this nice.

How did you design the crossover? LspCAD in 2005 I'd imagine?

Check out VituixCAD if you haven't already.

rajapruk

Forum Donor
Cool!
I know a guy here in Sweden that built the larger Ti10k , and also TiK-sub replica.

doctorjuggles

What do you have now? Seems a shame you don’t have them anymore, but hopefully you’re about to show us your current speakers which are equally impressive!

OP
jororaitchev

jororaitchev

This is excellent work. I've made a few speakers in my time but never anything this nice.

How did you design the crossover? LspCAD in 2005 I'd imagine?

Check out VituixCAD if you haven't already.
Thanks!
Measurements were taken at a DIY-lab at a friend of mine who is no longer between us, God forgive him!
I'll show you how I do measurements in at present at the right time.

Top Bottom