• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Ragapower

Hello friends,
First of all, this is my first post in this great community, so treat me with love.

I have started, so to speak, in this world of looking for good sound, I have gotten a couple of equipment to get started, I have some JBL Stage A130, Ampli Fosi Audio BT20A Pro, an IFI Micro iDSD Black Dac. I have liked the result so far in my understanding of all this. Having said my introduction, of course I accept advice that I could add to the line.

Today I come to ask you something that no matter how much I have wanted to learn, I cannot know everything,
This week I decided to read about room treatment and measurements. Influenced by the guy we all already know, I downloaded REW and started making my measurements with a microphone that luckily I had saved somewhere,

This was the result, and I would like to help me interpret it, tell me if in general terms I have good sound in my 3x2.5 room;
1712896672414.jpeg

PeterNL

Hello friends,
First of all, this is my first post in this great community, so treat me with love.

I have started, so to speak, in this world of looking for good sound, I have gotten a couple of equipment to get started, I have some JBL Stage A130, Ampli Fosi Audio BT20A Pro, an IFI Micro iDSD Black Dac. I have liked the result so far in my understanding of all this. Having said my introduction, of course I accept advice that I could add to the line.

Today I come to ask you something that no matter how much I have wanted to learn, I cannot know everything,
This week I decided to read about room treatment and measurements. Influenced by the guy we all already know, I downloaded REW and started making my measurements with a microphone that luckily I had saved somewhere,

This was the result, and I would like to help me interpret it, tell me if in general terms I have good sound in my 3x2.5 room;
View attachment 363166

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 32

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It will be easier to give advice if you set the upper/lower bounds of the chart 50dB apart.

However, I already see some issues, you have a 10dB drop from 50hz to 100hz, a huge peak at 200hz, and some smaller peaks here and there. These could all be fixed with some pretty simple EQ.

OP
Ragapower

Ragapower

Maybe zoom in a little bit? I can see dips at 40dB and peaks at 90dB (especially above 6khz)
hello All Friends

I attached some images a little closer

Your comments on how to improve will be welcome.
1712972883328.jpeg

1712972904763.jpeg

1712972980604.jpeg

1712973021452.jpeg

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So I assume you have heard that you should use EQ to correct this response...

Looks like you have a peak at 50hz and 200hz for starters. You should hear some improvement if you can use PEQ to lower those peaks. REW has a function to generate those parameters for you. You can use EQAPO on a PC to apply the EQ, or a MiniDSP unit, or even a WiiM unit to apply the EQ otherwise.

I am not sure which microphone you are using, so I will avoid commenting on the response above there.

Where was the microphone when you took these measurements?

It might also help if you apply a little smoothing to the graph, it can make it easier to read.

Top Bottom