• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need a DAC with headphone jack and balanced outputs and phantom power

sdep77

Need a DAC with headphone jack and balanced outputs and phantom power

Just purchased a Measurement Microphone Sonarworks calibrated , so i need phantom power
Have a Crown XLI 2500 class A/B amp want to run it in the balanced mode.
playback only do not do recording. mostly Flac files
I am just bewildered by all the DAC choices available and want this over with. ready to pull trigger on Focusrite 2i2, unless I can get an alternative choice
I should state that it will be a home setup and I usually prefer gear that is Pro audio with the feeling that if Pro Musicians and Recording Studios choose a certain product , then it should be good enough for me.

Do not want to spend more than 150.00 for a DAC

Thank You,
Steve -

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Behringer UMC204HD has everything you need and measures incredibly well for a sub-$100 unit.

The only two provisos would be:
  • limited headphone amp output
  • the outputs are TRS (not XLR) but are balanced AFAIK so you should be fine running them with plain old TRS-XLR cables (perhaps someone can confirm the outputs from the Behringer are in fact balanced TRS?)
I'm also not sure about the quality of the mic preamps in this unit.

Top Bottom