• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Pacific Audio Fest 2023

RenSong

Who's going to this? I live very close so I'll be going as my first hifi show. I've heard next to nothing as far as brands of speakers or electronics.

The Pacific Audio Fest is a new audio show hosted in Seattle and serving the entire Pacific coast, from Los Angeles to Vancouver, BC. Seattle is a top tech hub and one of the fastest growing communities in the USA, plus it is a vacation paradise in the summer months. The Seattle area has great demographics for the audio industry and incredible natural beauty to make this a great destination for the audio enthusiast and their families.

Pacific Audio Fest

OP
RenSong

RenSong

Hehe. The first time I arrived at the high end show I was stoked! The smell of scented candles, cognac and burning dust from the amps.
Hopefully some coffee and "green" tea too!

OP
RenSong

RenSong

This is a regional show so not nearly as many companies represented as something like AXPONA.
I've noticed that, thought I'd dip my toes here first before traveling far for a first time

AllanMarcus

I’ll be there. My birthday is the day before the show starts, so the show, a trip to Olympic then alaska is my present.

alont

Forum Donor
I'll be attending - just got an all day ticket. Happy to meet with any members planning to attend

MatthewS

Forum Donor
I was thinking of going Saturday. @alont what day are you going?

@amirm are you still planning to attend?

Would enjoy meeting up. There are exactly two vendors I am interested in, but would enjoy chatting with some of you all.

alont

Forum Donor
I was thinking of going Saturday. @alont what day are you going?

@amirm are you still planning to attend?

Would enjoy meeting up. There are exactly two vendors I am interested in, but would enjoy chatting with some of you all.

I'll probably be there for two of the three days. Saturday is very likely, but hard to say for sure until I see the list of seminars they have lined up.

If there's enough of us going, maybe we can even organize a small informal get-together on one of those days.

alont

Forum Donor
I will be there Friday and Saturday. I'm going to prepare a little google form so people can mark their preferred times. I was thinking 10 a.m or 5 p.m on Friday or Saturday - does anyone have any other suggested times? No mid-day slots proposed since I was unsure about how long the seminars would be and didn't want to schedule the meetup during one of them... though perhaps we can also do lunch around noon at Mango Thai Cuisine & Bar which is near the hotel. Happy to make the reservation for us if enough people are interested.

AllanMarcus

I will be there Friday and Saturday. I'm going to prepare a little google form so people can mark their preferred times. I was thinking 10 a.m or 5 p.m on Friday or Saturday - does anyone have any other suggested times? No mid-day slots proposed since I was unsure about how long the seminars would be and didn't want to schedule the meetup during one of them... though perhaps we can also do lunch around noon at Mango Thai Cuisine & Bar which is near the hotel. Happy to make the reservation for us if enough people are interested.
200 exhibitors is marketing. Take room 1364 for example. In 1364 you will see Accuphase, Aurender, Denafrips, J Sikora, and Notable Audio. 5 "exibitors" in one room, one system. I believe there are 44 audio rooms, the Head Zone, Record Row, marketplace, and seminars. I certainly may have counted incorrectly. Still, 44 rooms of high end audio, plus more, should keep you occupied. I have a three day ticket, but I'm used to much larger expos like RMAF. This will be my first "regional" expo. Since the death of RMAF, I'm excited to attend PAF.

I see the PDF show guide has been posted! Excellent opportunity to plan for the show so you don't miss anything you really want to see.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
As small as this audio show is, it seems to have grown from past incarnations which were little more than a few local dealers showing up. If it keeps growing, it will be a viable show one day.

AllanMarcus

As small as this audio show is, it seems to have grown from past incarnations which were little more than a few local dealers showing up. If it keeps growing, it will be a viable show one day.
It's "viable" now. It might grow beyond "regional", but I'm not sure that's what Lue and Gary want. It will be interesting to hear what Marjorie says about the demise of RMAF. Maybe RMAF grew too big?

AllanMarcus

What are you excited to see/hear? For me, The Mofi SourcePoint speakers and the Monitor Audio Gen 3 speakers. I'm also looking forward to hearing ETA headphone and internally chuckling about the Lautsänger headphones.

ronniebear

200 exhibitors is marketing. Take room 1364 for example. In 1364 you will see Accuphase, Aurender, Denafrips, J Sikora, and Notable Audio. 5 "exibitors" in one room, one system. I believe there are 44 audio rooms, the Head Zone, Record Row, marketplace, and seminars. I certainly may have counted incorrectly. Still, 44 rooms of high end audio, plus more, should keep you occupied. I have a three day ticket, but I'm used to much larger expos like RMAF. This will be my first "regional" expo. Since the death of RMAF, I'm excited to attend PAF.

I see the PDF show guide has been posted! Excellent opportunity to plan for the show so you don't miss anything you really want to see.
Much as you had noted, quite a few rooms had multiple "exhibitors" in a single room, sharing a common audio setup. I am looking forward to this. I wish I had bought a three-day ticket in advance but I see they'll be on sale upon arrival.

It costs a fair amount for exhibitors to rent rooms (or even a small booth) as well as pay for the logistics of having gear transported and properly set up. As a result, I'm not betting on seeing the amazing value-priced products produced by Chinese high-fidelity companies such as Topping, Fosi Audio, Douk Audio, Nobsound etc. Perhaps we will, I do recall seeing some value-priced items at last year's show, including a full-room demonstration of the Vanatoo speakers.

Top Bottom