• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Presonus Temblor T10

dfuller

Major Contributor
Anybody know anything about this sub? I've heard from some mixer friends that it's a pretty decent low cost active sub that extends reasonably low. That said, the specs are rather.... lacking in detail.

Frgirard

Major Contributor

AnalogSteph

Major Contributor
According to Thomann reviews, it seems to have a good amount of oomph even if it might not go as deep or be quite as flat as fancier models. The foot switch is well-liked. Pots were criticized as being fiddly to adjust, lots of gain not helping. Apparently you're best off going with fixed 80 Hz LP and HP settings. Transformer hum is mentioned more than once, occasionally other QC issues as well... the usual fare for a budget sub, I imagine.

OP
D

dfuller

Major Contributor

dasdoing

Major Contributor
in general studio subwoofers are very bad value.
The cheapest SVS is probably in the same price range, depending on where you live

ZööZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
According to Thomann reviews, it seems to have a good amount of oomph even if it might not go as deep or be quite as flat as fancier models. The foot switch is well-liked. Pots were criticized as being fiddly to adjust, lots of gain not helping. Apparently you're best off going with fixed 80 Hz LP and HP settings. Transformer hum is mentioned more than once, occasionally other QC issues as well... the usual fare for a budget sub, I imagine.
I have two of them and Steph pretty much nails it.
The first one that I have had for 2years has the hum but the newer one doesn't have it.
When I first hooked up the second one through the sub out of the first one the hum seemed to quiet down from the older one also, nowdays I'm not sure as I can still hear it in some situations, haven't tested properly if this is just my Imagination but it seems to be much quieter if I leave or forget the subs on over night.

The 20hz figure isn't accurate at all, at least in my room and setup but with eq I can get it flat to 27hz (25Hz -2db) but from there response falls down like a rock... Haven't tried cranking the gain knob all the way and eq then though.

The balanced inputs and highpass filters and ground lift are very useful features for me at least and they don't cost much and I'm happy with them for the time being, thinking of getting one more decent sub (maybe arendal) once I get my surround upgrade ready (2.2 at the moment) but if I was looking for a cheap sub now I propably would go with monoprice https://www.monoprice.eu/products/m...ered-subwoofer-eu?_pos=4&_sid=99b3bcfbf&_ss=r
Which caught my eye couple of weeks ago and sounds good on paper and has proper cea2010 measurements published so it should propably do what is stated in the specs, which these temblors don't seem to do.
Might even go with this 10" monoprice instead of the arendals 12" myself, only time will tell.

Oh almost forgot, the footswitch is quite handy also.

Top Bottom