• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Sabaj Da3 Dac compared to Dragonfly Black

VicSh

Hi. I am sure you'll understand I have a slight hesitation in installing on my PC a Russian homemade-like software these times.
Hi.
Forget about it. I must not have made my point clearly. I didn't suggest to use Albumplayer. I described my setup (you can see it in the signature to my profile). The hardware I had. When I got my Raspberry Pi4 and I had the idea to use it as a network player, I started searching for the appropriate software: RuneAudio, Volumio, AlbumPlayer.... It turned out that AlbumPlayer is quite a famous program in the Russian segment of the Internet. It's free, regularly updated, supports DSD, actively discussed in forums where the author of the program is present (for example: https://www.dastereo.ru/t/distribut...erer-console-player-roon-lms-bridge-gui/52553 or https://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=12:58069).
That's why I chose it.
Once again I want to repeat that I don't advertise AlbumPlayer or recommend to use it. No and again no. Well, after February 24th when russian federation invaded Ukraine it became impossible to advertise anything russian.
I would like to add (although this is beyond the scope of this forum) that as a citizen of Ukraine, I want this under-imperium to fall apart after this war. It would be safer for everyone.

merak2000

Hi. Not a problem. I might have misunderstood your post.
Unfortunately Internet is full of trolls and alike.

upwk61673404-wikimedia-image-kowb082f.jpg

Cheers

duta

This DAC is in principle quite ok, BUT it is catastrophic on the DSD side: after listening to PCM and at some point you want DSD, it does NOT want to move to DSD under any circumstances and you listen to a terrible hiss in your speakers, especially if you don't have them at a very low volume it will be catastrophic!

Top Bottom