• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

RME UCXII vs Motu Ultralite MK5

Pancreas

I have yet to see a comparison of these two.

RME UCXII - $1600
Motu Ultralite MK5 - $650

The RME is almost 3 times the cost, yet the Motu seems to have more connectivity and ports. I have Genelec 8030c. I went from Scarlett Solo to Motu Ultralite MK5 and noticed a considerable difference in sound quality for music, guitar playing, etc, but I'm one of those guys who likes to have the best, must be an ego thing lol but at that price, the RME is even more expensive than my Genelec lol

The question is how much better it really is? Where is the price really coming from? The brand? The dac?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This has a list of inputs and outputs. The RME has a few more. Other than that depends upon your needs. Both perform well in a technical sense. Unless you dig the feel and function in person and in software I doubt one is better than the other. TotalMix software from RME is probably more capable, but I actually sort of dislike the gui myself (which is a minority opinion most people consider it a big plus). I have a Babyface which uses the same software. Nevertheless I like the RME and it is a quality unit.

Top Bottom