• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

So E95 fuel is at $9.05/gal. (€2.146/L) now here. What else has gotten more expensive for you this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
Everything. Inflation has been absolutely crazy for the last three years.

Apparently, hookers and strippers are more expensive. Not that I would know. A friend told me. Honest. ;)

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Releasing these billions wouldn’t improve the economic situation and could make it much worse. This isn’t a demand led crisis it’s caused by lack of supplies. If supplies are in short supply prices rise and releasing more money into the economy would lead to greater inflationary pressures. Someone in a previous post mentioned the level of inflation in the US when Jimmy Carter was President, Carter’s policies made it worse. Ronald Reagan came in took the hard decisions to reign in inflation.
This time the outlook is even more bleak! Our green policies mean any requests to increase oil and gas supplies to OPEC will fall on deaf ears. We are phasing out their sole source of income ASAP, no wonder they will restrict supply to keep prices high.
Here is the thing: we keep on doing the same things, over and over... Those Billions, if they were to be release into the economy will continue that spiral. In fact the values we attribute to the amounts that are stashed is based on consumption and frankly, fiat, faith which means they may change, often, suddenly. I am not an economist but I know that even the vaunted Gold standard is also fiat/faith. We need to find novel solutions. Re-cycling the old won't do. We may be nearing the point at which cataclysmic events unfold to restore a semblance of equilibrium. This is more serious than many realize with all the propaganda from all fronts. Meanwhile there is still a pandemic ...

Peace. We do need it.

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
Here is the thing: we keep on doing the same things, over and over... Those Billions, if they were to be release into the economy will continue that spiral. In fact the values we attribute to the amounts that are stashed is based on consumption and frankly, fiat, faith which means they may change, often, suddenly. I am not an economist but I know that even the vaunted Gold standard is also fiat/faith. We need to find novel solutions. Re-cycling the old won't do. We may be nearing the point at which cataclysmic events unfold to restore a semblance of equilibrium. This is more serious than many realize with all the propaganda from all fronts. Meanwhile there is still a pandemic ...

Peace. We do need it.
Totally agree we keep on coming up with band aid fixes to economic crises. In the West most countries are living beyond their means, the money supply has increased wildly, quantitive easing without any economic expansion to back it up. Watch France 24 quite a lot and there it’s like a bidding war to buy votes. This in a country were the National Dept is over 120% of GDP and the current budget deficit is 6.5%. We see here the true weakness of Democracy where it isn‘t voting to make things better it’s just a popularity contest. Politicians now inhabit a World were personality overcomes common sense and reason. Think it started with the Nixon / Kennedy TV debate, the good looks and charm Kennedy possessed won.

Last edited:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Isn't Nixon considered one of the worse presidents in US history? or Am i missing something?

I don't believe that's the case. He is infamous because of his resignation, but that was actually after being elected to a second term.

AdamG

Safari “Troll” hunts available at reasonable rates
Forum Donor
Sooner or later this thread was going to become political and then Fight Clubs start forming. I know there is a great deal of passion to discus this topic. And there are hundreds of forums you can go talk about this global economic crisis/situation/klusterf__k. We have been requested to close this before it becomes a train wreck. I can’t find any valid reason to argue with this logic.

Might I suggest we go listen to some chill music and Destress a while! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom