• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Went to the local IMAX last week to see Solo, A Star Wars Story.
Not a Academy Award winner for sure, I found the story line a bit weak and the movie moved just a bit slow. I don't think Opie was the guy to direct this one, he should stick to chick flicks. The CGI and immersive soundtrack was good but nothing that had me feeling they put any work into offering a new level of the SOTA, nothing I hadn't seen before. So with hindsight, if I had missed the $17 IMAX ticket I wouldn't have been broken hearted.
All that said I'll say this, the movie did put a smile on my face from the first few scenes on that stayed there throughout. The humor and character interaction made for an enjoyable couple hours that I found time well spent. Who doesn't love Chewbacca, (and yes, Han seems to have learned to understand Wookie somewhere even before the timeline of the movie). Thank goodness, when the credits rolled I didn't feel like I'd been raped as I did at the end of Avengers -Infinity Wars.
If you get a chance to see it at the theater, it's worth a ticket.
3.5 Oscilloscopes Up.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I went to the cinema with the boy and we both loved it, good solid entertainment that you can just enjoy. I find it interesting that the two spin off movies have been much better than any of the prequels or sequels and have captured the spirit of the original trilogy far more successfully. In The Last Jedi (TLJ) I just found myself noticing the sort of holes that you don't notice if you're immersed in the story. Solo was well acted and I thought the actors paying Han and Lando did a great job, typically well crafted direction from the ever reliable Ron Howard. A far, far better film than TLJ, I hope we see more of these spin offs.

Top Bottom