• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Stereo to mono for subwoofer?

garbulky

Major Contributor
Get a second sub, go stereo
There's plenty of cheap subs. Emotiva's got a few.

OP
Jorj

Jorj

Forum Donor
Get a second sub, go stereo
There's plenty of cheap subs. Emotiva's got a few.

My place is a duplex with 780 sq. ft. and I'm a cyclist....bikes everywhere. I'm lucky my wife does not make me sleep with my amp under my pillow. Cramming a single sub in here is going to take some finesse.

The sub is just for fun anyway, wanting to see if I think it improves the already great sound my system is kicking out.

FYI, I went with the Behringer MX400, so with cables and adapter plugs, I'm in for another $55. We'll see how it all plays when it gets here and hooked up. I would have used a passive box, but not one of them, even the expensive ones, has a decent specs document. I figured that if I was going with the relatively unknown, I'd go with a unit that logically should not worsen the signal to the amp. With the passive units, adding crosstalk seemed to be the price I'd have to pay.

Top Bottom