• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Technology News You Can Use

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Wombat

Master Contributor
I think the US will have more on this soon. Please post.

NorthSky

Major Contributor

WoW! Science has made tremendous steps since the prehistoric age.
Her history is truly fascinating, she was a woman explorer and adventurer in the pure sense of the words, a genuine figure for the history books.
I love those old black & white pictures of her and the planes beside her.

It is fantastic that they now have found some of her bones, with scientific confirmation.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Today is International Women's Day; so that coincidence with Amelia Earhart could also be good financial news publicity.
News is money first, objectivity and integrity last.

Bonus: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymonde_de_Laroche

"On 8 March 1910, de Laroche became the first woman in the world to receive a pilot licence when the Aero-Club of France issued her licence #36 of the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (International Aeronautics Federation or F.A.I.)."

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Simple but clever! No doubt they are pushing it because OLED TVs can't do that due to fear of burn-in.
I do wonder what impact that will have on longevity, any one have any idea?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I do wonder what impact that will have on longevity, any one have any idea?
Obviously it will age more rapidly. We used a Samsung TV as a digital sign for a few years, leaving it on 24/7 and it was fine.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Simple but clever! No doubt they are pushing it because OLED TVs can't do that due to fear of burn-in.

QLED I believe is also prone to burn-in. I'll check over @ rratings...

It's funny, because some people are anal (geeks and nerds) about having the best TV with the best picture and blacks and Dolby Vision, and yet when they ISF professionally calibrated them it's with burn-in logos and characters and gremlins on the background screen.
OLED and plasma too are burn-in technologies, so as nice as people like them with the best this and that, it's funny they blind themselves, the real nerds, about burn-in. The day they'll admit that'll be the day.

I think QLED is also emissive, so burn-in will appear eventually.
And I've read that Samsung is thinking OLED. But maybe my memory is a little blurry.

LED to a certain extent can show burn-in too, but not as big as OLED from LG.

That feature is cool, the TV disappearance on the wall, but it would be interesting two years from now to watch Coco in 3D or in 4K and see the bricks in the background.

It don't really matter because 8K TVs will replace our today's cancers.

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Samsung QLED is better in the burn-in department compared to LG OLED.
https://www.techradar.com/news/tele...t-is-samsung-s-new-warranty-all-about-1325990

The curved ones have to go though, this is just silly, it's not serious for a Korean company.

Many companies produce OLED TVs now, I guess people love to get burn!

Sony LED are the best. But people won't admit, because...tra-la-la and all that jazz. You got to follow the flow of the burn-in masses, that's the way this world works, they all follow the evil leaders that they erected with their supporting voting money. Sony is evil, big time, but they burn you somewhere else, not directly on the screen...they are clever. Still, LED is best for gaming. OLED is best for the asylum and bathroom.

Lol but it's true.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
3-14-2018 -- Happy Pi Day!

(Seems an appropriate salutation given the number of irrational folk around... ;) )

Top Bottom