• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The 50th Anniversary DSOTM Planetarium Shows World Wide

MacCali

Major Contributor
Hey ladies and gents, wanted to post this in the audio show thread but I guess that thread is no longer available. Would be nice to have this moved there.

To make a long story short the original release of the album was done at a planetarium and now they are returning to the roots for the 50th anniversary with an updated presentation. Since at that time it was only the solar system, guessing this entails some interesting projections. Since clearly technology was limited at that time.

This is a world wide event and will be at multiple locations from now until March 30th. I will personally be attending and wanted to inform anyone who maybe interested in going. Tickets are fairly cheap at the locations closest to me, your experience may vary.

Details are on the official Pink Floyd website.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey ladies and gents, wanted to post this in the audio show thread but I guess that thread is no longer available. Would be nice to have this moved there.

To make a long story short the original release of the album was done at a planetarium and now they are returning to the roots for the 50th anniversary with an updated presentation. Since at that time it was only the solar system, guessing this entails some interesting projections. Since clearly technology was limited at that time.

This is a world wide event and will be at multiple locations from now until March 30th. I will personally be attending and wanted to inform anyone who maybe interested in going. Tickets are fairly cheap at the locations closest to me, your experience may vary.

Details are on the official Pink Floyd website.
I went a DSOTM show years ago at the local planetarium. I'll see if there's a show scheduled nearby. Thanks.

Top Bottom