• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The Potential Health Benefits of Spatial Audio

LuvTheMusic

As usual, the breathless excitement of the article (the one linked by the OP) gets rather far out in front of the careful conclusions of the study cited in the article.

BTW, the study is careful to point out the need for careful music selection, etc. I can't imagine the result of someone thinking that just any old classical music would do (it's all relaxing, right?) and letting loose the opening of Vaughn Willams' fourth symphony in true spatial audio. Or worse yet, I can imagine it....

Reactions: STC
D

Deleted member 48726

Music can be therapeutic. That's not news.

This is a ad to sell spatial audio / Atmos.

Elkerton

I have not tried Atmos, but listening to the multichannel SACDs I have makes me wish my 3,000 CDs were also multichannel. The speakers seem to disappear, and I am immersed in the auditorium, or environment the recording was made. I cannot speak for popular music. I listen predominantly to classical.

Top Bottom