• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[Topping] DX3 Pro coming soon

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Jimster480

Major Contributor
They're brand new, so no. Only products that I'm aware of are the upcoming Monoprice THX desktop and portable, as well as this Topping DX3 Pro. More to come but so far it's just a handful of products.

The 4490 probably got slightly cheaper with the 4493 out now, so for cheap manufacturers the 4490 is an even more attractive offering than before. AKM4493 will be premium devices only that do not opt for the 4497 flagship (which needs way more power). About the 4497, I don't believe Amir ever measured a device using it :) the SMSL M10 comes to mind. Then again, since the RME ADI-2 uses a single 4490 chip, I'm not sure the 4497 would be any better (but it is their flagship so I'm still curious...!)
I'd like to see Amir test the SMSL M10....
But really I am waiting for the Topping A50.... if they really make a product with the same level of SINAD as an A30 (or even more) but deliver a low output impedance in a similar design like the A30 it would be a total winner!

Apparently there is also this amp:

https://www.shenzhenaudio.com/smsl-...nbalanced-input-hifi-headphone-amplifier.html

Merkurio

@amirm Do you think that the THX 789 is a worthy upgrade compared with the DX3 Pro amplification stage (as far as any noticeable sound improvement goes)?

The DX3 Pro looked like the only thing that I ever need to get rid my Magni 3 and be happy with a little all-in-one device, but you won my attention with the THX review and I don't know what to do now... :(

Veri

Master Contributor
@amirm Do you think that the THX 789 is a worthy upgrade compared with the DX3 Pro amplification stage (as far as any noticeable sound improvement goes)?

The DX3 Pro looked like the only thing that I ever need to get rid my Magni 3 and be happy with a little all-in-one device, but you won my attention with the THX review and I don't know what to do now... :(
Only if you need more power than the DX3 provides..

derp1n

Probably short of remotes again :D

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
As mentioned, the extra power would be the reason to go with THX 789. Or if you lust after having the best regardless. :)

jsmiller58

Forum Donor
As mentioned, the extra power would be the reason to go with THX 789. Or if you lust after having the best regardless. :)
Looking forward to receiving and more importantly listening to mine.

Also looking forward to seeing a review by you on the Monoprice 788 DAC/Amp... ;-)

With these two, along with my D50, DX7S, and O2 I will be done. For a while. At least for the remainder of this year (key to success is setting achievable goals!)

Jimster480

Major Contributor
But truly only if you need the power!
Looking forward to receiving and more importantly listening to mine.

Also looking forward to seeing a review by you on the Monoprice 788 DAC/Amp... ;-)

With these two, along with my D50, DX7S, and O2 I will be done. For a while. At least for the remainder of this year (key to success is setting achievable goals!)
I've only purchased the THX 789 this year, otherwise I'm still using all the same gear from last year!

Top Bottom