• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping L30 noise from power supply

cheapzzi

Hi, I have a similar problem with Topping L30 as in this topic and I'm going insane from it.

To wrap it up shortly. I have Topping L30 and E30 and I have been using it without a problem since release (2012 SN). Recently I moved to new apartment and from first second trying out my gear I heard buzz in background, especially in KZ ZSN Pro no matter the gain. Since I own Flipper Zero I tried to run Frequency Analyzer and found out that I'm getting spikes at 800 MHz area that looks like is the main problem. If I completely disconnect L30 from anything but power I'm still getting the noise and in outlet where the noise is not peeking on Flipper0 Im not getting the noise.

Any solutions what should I try? Im open to getting new amp that will solve this issue (having really good deal on A90, but dont know if the same problem is gonna last)

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm getting spikes at 800 MHz area that looks like is the main problem.
800 MHz is too high a frequency to be audible. Is there something else in there that could be root cause?

OP
C

cheapzzi

800 MHz is too high a frequency to be audible. Is there something else in there that could be root cause?
I dont think so. Like I said I didnt have the problem before and it really atcs like the peaks. Its also band for Cellular phone and I remember as a kid that those things made a lot of noise.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
If it's noise in the megahertz maybe a simple mains filter would help. I have one that's been problem free , is nicely built and is reasonably priced.
CS947 Tacima 6 Way Mains Conditioner with Surge Protection https://amzn.eu/d/4SaLYLo

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have you tried checking it with different outlets on other circuit breakers to narrow it down? Even doing that to get it away from a router in a new location, or a neighbors on the other side of the wall could help. There's a chart of the different carriers here if you want to check if it's possible a roof cell phone antenna might be doing it. There's maps of different tower locations available. I've heard of people with the original L30's picking up interference just when they get near it with their phone.

OP
C

cheapzzi

Have you tried checking it with different outlets on other circuit breakers to narrow it down? Even doing that to get it away from a router in a new location, or a neighbors on the other side of the wall could help. There's a chart of the different carriers here if you want to check if it's possible a roof cell phone antenna might be doing it. There's maps of different tower locations available. I've heard of people with the original L30's picking up interference just when they get near it with their phone.
I've ttried all outlets in this apartment and even in the other site of it in bathroom there is still the same hiss. It has nothing to do with my phone being close, I used to have a phone next to it without a problem.

From the chart it is either LTE Router or Mobile band

OP
C

cheapzzi

Top Bottom