• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Warm greetings from Singapore

AudioDM

I have two turntable (TT) TT 1 & TT 2. Both are Sony lateral tone arm. Both works great.

Whenever I clean the tip of the stylus of TT 1 with a soft brush, on the sound box there is a brushing sound.
If I power off TT 1 and clean the stylus tip, again on the sound box there is a brushing sound.

However on TT 2, when I clean the stylus tip (be the TT 2 is powered on or off), there is no brushing sound on the sound box.

I suspect there is a problem with TT 1.
What do you think ? What it could be ?

Let me know the problem with the TT 1

Highly appreciate your advise.

Balle Clorin

Major Contributor
That is normal, one table may mute the output when the arm is at the rest, and another may not,
I NEVER NEVER brush the cartridge with the amplifier ON. You may damage your speakers that way.

OP
A

AudioDM

Actually call it serendipity or likewise. I actually lowered the attenuator to zero and also switched off power amp
All stated your advise stand much appreciated. Many thanks.

Top Bottom