• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

We measure audio equipment for free!!!

NickArcade

I sent an inquiry using the contact form "Contact Us" on the website a month and a half ago or so. Should I try a private message this time?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I sent an inquiry using the contact form "Contact Us" on the website a month and a half ago or so. Should I try a private message this time?
Yes, private messages through the forum is much more effective.

Hey there, complete newbie. I'm planning on snagging the Motu M6, but was unsure of the headphone output impedance and was wondering if I can ship it to you guys for review. Not sure if anyone else has already made a offer.

Kind regards.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A quick and dirty test is loading it with different resistors to get one half voltage output when loaded vs unloaded.

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hey there, complete newbie. I'm planning on snagging the Motu M6, but was unsure of the headphone output impedance and was wondering if I can ship it to you guys for review. Not sure if anyone else has already made a offer.

Kind regards.
Welcome to ASR!

Amir has tested the Motu M4. Its HP amp output impedance is <1 ohm. While it was not an M6, but it should give an indication. The problem usually with audio interface HP output is that they are often highly anemic.

index.php

Welcome to ASR!

Amir has tested the Motu M4. Its HP amp output impedance is <1 ohm. While it was not an M6, but it should give an indication. The problem usually with audio interface HP output is that they are often highly anemic.

index.php
Isn't there a chance they updated their amps with the M6? I heard they kinda did that with the M2 and M4 around 2021 with their DAC and ADC converters. Pure speculation though.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Isn't there a chance they updated their amps with the M6?
Sure, anythings possible.
If still interested, sent a PM to Amir to discuss the details of having one dropshipped to him
for review testing.

Top Bottom