• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

weird BS Node - RME ADI2 interaction

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
so, the Node is connected to the RME via coax, i'm using it mostly for TV throughput and Deezer - where i almost lost my mind recently and am asking the community if someone else had a similar issue...
doesn't matter if i open a playlist or manually select an album in Deezer (through the android app), turning the volume on the RME up/down starts cycling the repeat button?? even tho the Node's remote is disabled in the menu....and motly after turning it off again, the "next" button jumps to some random album i ONCE listened to (damn Revolver remaster)....
i haven't realised that before, but it might have been the last update to the Node, tbh, no idea....

and i don't really fancy hiding the Node out of sight so that the RME's remote won't reach it :facepalm:

any ideas? or maybe even known solutions?

Trell

Major Contributor
Try putting a piece of tape blocking the IR port on the Node and see if that helps.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I had a DAC sensor that didn't like the PC screen across the room.

I put a fold of black paper that blocked the screen from the sensor but still allowed the remote to activate it from the listening position.

OP
bloodshoteyed

bloodshoteyed

Major Contributor
turned to their support and they actually came up with a solution, gotta give it to them

it has the capability to "learn" IR codes (you can program any IR remote to the corresponding action), and it picked the RME's volume down as th "repeat" action... :facepalm:

Top Bottom