• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

PjV

Long time lurker here.
Currently I have 2 sets playing, but I mostly listen to a 3rd ‘set’ (Moode player on RPi Zero 2W + UGreen USBC Dac and DT880 headphones) in my home office.
Set 1: Moode on RPI 3A+, Allo DigiOne, Dynaudio AIR (2x Air 15, Air Base 12 + Air Remote)
Set 2: Moode on RPi 3A+, Allo Piano 2.1, JDS Atom+, PreSonus E8 XT

jazzboy

Well done and even more so for making it an open source design that others can try if they're so inclined.

JSmith
Many thanks! I enjoy accessible high quality sound and open source is great because someone can build one and I can continue to sell limited edition builds. The days of patents are numbered for many reasons, so open source is a great choice. The drive tech, SimpleFOC, I use for the motor is open source as well as is Arduino used to program the whole shebang.

CPTX

IMG_6679.jpeg
IMG_6678.jpeg
Hello all; Excellent forum. My audio fanaticism was imprinted on me by my father playing his awesome record collection on the weekends at high volume via his full metal amplifier with all those clicky switches and knobs then through huge British speakers.

I am frugal and mostly use a Qudelix 5K with headphones and IEMs…and I utilize a cheap DIY DML/XPS panel speakers + subwoofer with a Dayton Audio BT amplifier to watch the movies my other family members won’t enjoy (Sci Fi/Action Adventure)

Thank you

DWPress

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome to ASR.

As long as you enjoy what you have that's the most important part!

CPTX

Thank you. I have thoroughly enjoyed it all for decades and decades often at higher volumes than appropriate (some lower treble auditory loss)

UT student radio DJ, lots and lots of concerts in smaller clubs up front, and plenty of closed back headphone use so my roommates/girlfriends/wife/children could have peace and quiet.

I’ve had within reason expensive audio (frugal) by nature and now live with a much lower powered set up in my family approved man cave area while they watch rom coms and Kdramas.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I am frugal and mostly use a Qudelix 5K with headphones and IEMs…

Welcome!

Nothing wrong with frugal, especially these days when you can get such a selection of great gear for such reasonable prices. I've got the Qudelix too and am still impressed by that little thing.

I moved your post here so it's less likely to get lost in the flow.

CPTX

Thank you for the relocation….much better here.

Prior to the Qudelix I utilized the EarstudioES100MK2. It was awesome until after one of the updates, it started dropping bluetoooth connection to my phone at times quite regularly.

CPTX

The headphones I use the most. Sivga Robin SV021
Incredibly fun and warm experience with EQ
I have a large head and small ears, so these headphones fit me very well and comfortably….certainly not the most accurate or detailed headphone, but very enjoyable semi open warmth.

IMG_6681.jpeg

Top Bottom