• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Reinhold

Hi,

i would like to see some measurements from the budget dac/amp combos from Fostex (HP-A3 or HP-A4).

AdamW

Thank you for your comment. This site is not standard and always develops. It takes time to optimize usability.
+1 thanks for the site and the measurements! I think it's partly to do with the translation (of course we've no right to demand perfect English :>) - it makes it a bit harder to understand the organization than it probably is in Russian. (Also the top menu has a few problems when used with a narrow window - I use my screen in portrait mode).

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hi,

i would like to see some measurements from the budget dac/amp combos from Fostex (HP-A3 or HP-A4).
As it turns out, someone has sent me a Fostex HP-A3 for testing. It has arrived and I will test it soon. What should be compared to?

Wombat

Master Contributor

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi,

BEST DAC EISA 2018_2019 : CHORD HUGO 2
https://www.eisa.eu/awards/chord-electronics-hugo-2/?lang=fr

BEST PORTABLE DAC EISA 2018_2019 : IFI AUDIO XDSD
https://www.eisa.eu/awards/ifi-audio-xdsd/

:)
I have owned one of the original Chord Hugo DAC/Amps since it was released.
The idea that the new one is, or could be, a giant leap forward is a bit daft, at least as far as sound is concerned. Maybe the case, connectors and layout of indicator lights is better...

ofrappier

Are you seriously presenting these links?

"... its secret lies in a super titanium case....."

Phooey.

My mystake, HUGO 2, alrady here :
https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...hord-hugo-2-dac-and-headphone-amplifier.2349/

And i think, price to high, for such dac.

I would buy a DX7 (out of stock) or RME ADI 2 DAC, after reading all reviews in this forum.

I wait "SMSL M10" and "SMSL VMV D1 DAC" reviews to choose a DAC for september.

Thanks to Amirm, i will not waste my money with UDA38pro ,and some fake USB reclocker.isolator.... :)

Great place, Great forum, Great work

Reinhold

As it turns out, someone has sent me a Fostex HP-A3 for testing. It has arrived and I will test it soon. What should be compared to?
wow, that would be great. is it possible to compare it with a topping d30/a30 stack?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I wait "SMSL M10" and "SMSL VMV D1 DAC" reviews to choose a DAC for september.
Someone has offered the SMSL VMV D1. I told him to go ahead and send it. Assume he does, a review will be forthcoming!

Merkurio

Thank you for your comment. This site is not standard and always develops. It takes time to optimize usability.

I hope to see reports for the Shanling M0 (you almost covered all the Shanling line up) and the Xduoo X3II soon! :)

Good work there.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Someone has offered the SMSL VMV D1. I told him to go ahead and send it. Assume he does, a review will be forthcoming!
It would be most interesting to see how far a dual ES9038PRO setup can go.
The published Topping specs sound impressive and its probably their most expensive product ever.

ofrappier

Hi,

comparaison : "RME ADI-2 Pro" vs "RME ADI-2 Pro fs"

Bescause i hesitate between "ADI-2 DAC fs" fs and "RME ADI-2 Pro fs"

I hope that the fs version (not reviewed here, only ADI-2 Pro without fs) of ADI-2 pro is as good as ADI-2 DAC

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
Hi,

comparaison : RME ADI-2 Pro vs RME ADI-2 Pro fs

Bescause i hesitate between ADI-2 DAC fs and RME ADI-2 Pro fs

I hope that the fs version of ADI-2 pro is as good as ADI-2 DAC

Umm well, RME ADI-2 DAC has the "FS" enhancements: https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...eview-and-measurements-of-rme-adi-2-dac.2582/

The RME ADI-2 Pro FS has the same performance tweaks, together with Pro functionality / ADC (analog to digital convertor) which the DAC-only version misses. DAC side should be identical.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Hi,

comparaison : "RME ADI-2 Pro" vs "RME ADI-2 Pro fs"

Bescause i hesitate between "ADI-2 DAC fs" fs and "RME ADI-2 Pro fs"

I hope that the fs version (not reviewed here, only ADI-2 Pro without fs) of ADI-2 pro is as good as ADI-2 DAC
I like to confirm too that the FS version of RME ADI-2 Pro is the same as ADI-2 DAC FS. Someone needs to loan me one though. :)

Top Bottom