• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I have finished measuring the following DACs:

1. Schiit Yggdrasil DAC with Gen V USB board but old analog board
2. Schiit Yggdrasil DAC with Gen V USB board and new analog board
3. Berkeley Alpha DAC (original version)
4. Chord Hugo 2 DAC

I have to capture the graphs, add text, etc. so can't do all of them at once. Right now I am ready to go with #1 but if you all are anxious for others, I can put that aside and do the others.

Wombat

Master Contributor
I have finished measuring the following DACs:

1. Schiit Yggdrasil DAC with Gen V USB board but old analog board
2. Schiit Yggdrasil DAC with Gen V USB board and new analog board
3. Berkeley Alpha DAC (original version)
4. Chord Hugo 2 DAC

I have to capture the graphs, add text, etc. so can't do all of them at once. Right now I am ready to go with #1 but if you all are anxious for others, I can put that aside and do the others.

3 or 4. Let's have a break from wounded egos. :cool:

sssn

#2 and #4

#2 So that the Schiit fanboys can't argue that you test depecrated hardware to bash Schiit.

#4 Because Chord is also a very popular audiophile DAC/headphone amp manufacturer beloved in audiophile communities (SBAF doesn't like them though lol).
Wanna see how they stack up.

stunta

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My vote is for #4 - Chord. "Audiophile" community drools over this and marketing hype vs. measured perf is always very interesting.

I've had enough of Schiit. That horse is long dead.
Berkeley is interesting but not current, but it is an expensive unit so its interesting.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Chord then Berkeley. These should make a good contrast to follow with the first two. Assuming you didn't "botch" the measurement of those. :)

rebbiputzmaker

Major Contributor
enigma.jpg

Wombat

Master Contributor

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Chord, the designer has super human, literally super human hearing, differentiating between power cords with ease so the measurement should be spectacular.
Keith

blackmetalboon

Chord, the designer has super human, literally super human hearing, differentiating between power cords with ease so the measurement should be spectacular.
Keith
Do you have a link to where he said this?
I’m surprised as Rob Watts is normally a advocate of using cheap cables that meet the required technical specifications. IIRC the only time he has mentioned mains cables possibly making a difference was years ago and was in reference to poorly designed PS’s.

Why not post them in alphabetical order, just to give Schiit a break!

mindbomb

I think you should mix it up and do the chord next.

Chord and ESS talk about how their dac architecture has really low noise modulation. Is there testing you can do for this?

Last edited:
Top Bottom