• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yamaha WXC-50

Hello,

Does the unit pre-amplify the AUX IN input? I am trying to hook up a turntable to the AUX IN and use the pre-out to hook up to an integrated NC252 based amplifier. I am trying to get a little bit more volume out of the amp.

Thank you.

Edit: I could probably just get a standalone pre-amp but I am trying to stream as well.

Last edited:
OP
S
You are going to need a phono pre-amp or else an integrated amp or receiver with a phono input.
My turntable does have a phono pre-amp. My amp is integrated. I am trying to get a little bit more volume out of it. I was wondering if the AUX IN input goes through the pre-amplifier.

My turntable does have a phono pre-amp. My amp is integrated. I am trying to get a little bit more volume out of it. I was wondering if the AUX IN input goes through the pre-amplifier.

Oh, okay, I didn't catch that detail from your first post. I don't have a WXC-50, but I would like to think the AUX IN would provide gain through the volume control and PRE-OUTS. Hopefully, someone with hands on experience can give you a definite answer.

OP
S
Oh, okay, I didn't catch that detail from your first post. I don't have a WXC-50, but I would like to think the AUX IN would provide gain through the volume control and PRE-OUTS. Hopefully, someone with hands on experience can give you a definite answer.
Thank you.

Juhazi

Major Contributor
WXC-50 has a little switch on the backside panel, which enables volume control. Turn it to "Preamp"

Juhazi

Major Contributor

AUX IN goes through the preamp just like digital inputs. At least volume control works in my units (2) I don't use them regularly, so I had to attach a DAP...

With web browser, MusicCast CONTROLLER the user has access to more settings than by using mobile MusicCast. See Advanced manual page 26

Last edited:
Top Bottom