Recent content by cavedriver

1. C

ELAC Debut 3.0 Series announced at High End Munich

curious what this statement is intended to mean? they do look nice!
  2. C

Energy Speakers

without the faceplate I wouldn't expect their tweeters to be anything special - at best they are a competently designed aluminum dome tweeters like many others available today on the market. If it was between throwing them in the trash and testing them in a DIY housing you have laying around...
  3. C

Energy Speakers

Crossover from a Veritas 2.4. Interesting parts decisions here in line with current engineering thinking on cost/benefit of various components. Looks like tweeter components in lower left, midrange in upper left and possibly part of upper right, and woofers in middle and lower right: Mid dome...
  4. C

Energy Speakers

Five of the Energy models have measurements posted from the NRC labs facility, including the NC-10 and Veritas 2.4i (non-S) mentioned above: https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16&Itemid=140 Curious that Energy's driver designs were proprietary and...
  5. C

SVS Ultra Evolution

Setting aside the whole distance from the wall thing, I like what they are doing squeezing more woofers, and so more Sd, into those cabinets. What I'm wondering is, are those woofers wired in phase or out of phase? From their literature it would seem they are out of phase, and I assume most...
  6. C

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

I just posted about the C3 on previous page. Similar prices from several reputable sellers, LG seems to have decided it's time to clear out most of their x3 models now that the x4 models are shipping
  7. C

Anyone ever measure a Sanway professional audio amplifier? Crazy specs...

honest question - how can you tell that from the specs, or is there another way to know?
  8. C

Note that Erin just smoked a Fosi amp, like it literally went up in smoke, so are we really being critical about our risk taking re Chinese-made electronics? With the amount of power this thing has it would be idling compared to powering a sub with a Dayton, ICE, Crown, or Yamaha amp that...
  9. C

ooch, I missed the "A", although still, would like to see measurements, although I don't think Amir has test loads or maybe even meters that could measure these amps. Regarding amp ratings I agree, but 185 V and 85 amps is a LOT of watts (15275 to be precise). I would say that not since 1990's...
  10. C

Someone asked about these Chinese-made pro audio amps in another forum and it got me looking at their specs. Pretty crazy numbers. For example, if they really measured at >110 SNR wouldn't that be in the top 3 amps ever measured by ASR? I didn't see them hardly mentioned here when I searched...
  11. C

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

C3's are also on sale, $1200 off the 77" version - only $2300 - is a sweet price: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/products/Flat-Panel-Televisions/ci/2500/N/3965713807?sort=PRICE_LOW_TO_HIGH&filters=fct_brand_name%3Alg%7Csony%2Cfct_display-technology_1386%3Aoled%2Cfct_screen-size-ranges_4754%3A70in-up
  12. C

Andrew Jones MoFi Speakers

Looks like Technics already has a speaker with almost the same topology as the 888, and it looks like they made an effort to put some good engineering into the design, although without the very good bass extension of the Mofi. https://us.technics.com/products/speaker-system-sb-g90m2
  13. C

No Longer Posting Erin's Reviews here?

I think I remember reading that post a while back, but with all the responses buried in threads I wasn't sure if it was the final word. For the record, if this is the policy, I'm perfectly happy if a mod closes this thread right now. Again, not wanting the drama, just policy. Thanks.
  14. C

ok, so maybe a clarification - if someone posts just the text portion of the reviews (graphs and summary, the only parts I read anyway) it might be ok?
  15. C

Not wanting to start any drama. Just want to know if there is an official position on posting threads here anymore when one of Erin's reviews come out? Haven't seen threads for his last couple reviews. Simply trying to know if I'll need to also check his page periodically now or if I can wait...
Top Bottom