• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which deceased musicians you miss the most and wish were still alive?

Duke

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor

HoweSound

One more I miss and was lucky to see in person a couple of times:

Leon_Redbone_in_Toronto-cc-by-3.0-Photo-by-Kasra-Ganjavi-1200x800.jpg

Eulipian

That would be my bigger post ever if I had to mention everyone.
I'll only choose one instead:

The one and only Jussi Björling,there's no other male voice in the world who speaks in my soul as much as his.
And that through the crappy recordings of the era.

(and now I'm gonna go and listen to him,can't help it )
Those who sang on stage with "The Juice" reported that his voice had a quality of communication like no other. A quality that could not be described in words. There is no equal to his bell-like clarity of tone, like something coming from the bottom of the well.

DMill

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Been said already but John Lennon. Just think he had a lot left in the tank. My guess is we could’ve seen another Lennon/McCartney album. But I could be wrong. There are so many… and no wrong answer to this one.

raif71

Major Contributor
AI can now recreate any artist singing so in the future bar intellectual property (if any exists)...any deceased artist can be "alive" once more. Someone or perhaps AI can pen new songs for the AI singer :oops:

Last edited:
OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
AI can now recreate any artist singing so in the future bar intellectual property (if any exists)...any deceased artist can be "alive" once more. Someone or perhaps AI can pen new songs for the AI singer :oops:
It will never sound like the real thing

ThatM1key

Major Contributor
It will never sound like the real thing
With enough data you can. With Elvis, he has over 700 songs, multiple movies and other pieces of media.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Jeff Buckley, Bob Marley, Christine McVie, Glen Frey, David Crosby, Eva Cassidy, John Lennon, George Harrison, Leonard Cohen, and Chris Squire.

Last edited:

AlfaNovember

Justin Townes Earle. He had good shows, and not-good shows. The good ones were incandescent - I remember one night with Jason Isbell opening. They blew the doors off the place. I'm sorry his demons overcame him, he had more to say.

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Tom Petty. After seeing his documentary, while he was still alive, I really hoped to get the chance to have a drink with him. Super interesting guy.

Top Bottom