Search results

1. Mantra

monitor audio bronze 500 , can i drive and play with a 45 watt 8Ω integral amp pretty well ?

Hi I have found a couple of monitor audio bronze 500 for 450€ almost brand new ,with boxes and with everthing , second hand I own some cantons floorstanding , i like them since i play lots of progressive , i have read they do pretty close the canton GLE and the monitor audio bronze seriers do...
  2. Mantra

do you use replaygain to avoid clipping loudness audio file?

hi somedays ago i was looking for audiophile albums , and in the list there is Lorde 's Melodrama i don't know if the list is related to cds or vinyls (just because in vinyls I guess they could not make play too loud ) well since I own Lorde 's Melodrama cd , I have ripped in flac with...
  3. Mantra

can you help me to clean some woofer of 2 '90 speakers sticky dust ?

Hi I bought '90 totem 2 ways speaker and tannoy 2 ways speaksers , they are pretty clean and they sound great but on the woofes there are some sticky dust for the tweeters , i have only used a blower (not powerfull , an hand tiny blower ) i have read many tutorials to clean them i have used a...
  4. Mantra

Canton Ergo 100 DC , are they "suitable" for a small room ?

Hi i have found Canton Ergo 100 DC speakers ,they are beautiful and with a marantz and denon amps (both class A/B ) they should "sound" very well usually i like mostly 2 way speakers , maybe bookshelf speakers I can't test on my room , I think they are pretty loud , aren't they? I would like...
  5. Mantra

looking for a simple cheap device to connect my 2 channels amps to several speakers seperatly ?

hi i'm looking for a simple cheap device to connect my amps to several speakers seperatly let's say -> 2 chanells amps -> switch that let me enable /disable the signal to different speakers for example i have 3 or 4 pairs of speakers , i would like a simple switcher that let me send the signal...
  6. Mantra

can you tell me trusty online seller with "returned product/return items" ?

Hi i guess it's not the correct subforum but i could find a proper place I'm using amazon for "returned product/return items" , i'm talking about amps , speakers ...and becaue they work on Europe i would like to know if I could buy from a serious European online seller with "returned...
  7. Mantra

looking for a good cheap external battery bluetooth low latency receiver for my cable headphones

Hi i'm using my headphones via cable ,and i like it a lot but sometime i'm using my phone to listen music , and i would like to listen music with a tiny bluetooth low latency receiver just to use with my sennheiser / grado and so on headphones , i have found Mpow receiver Bluetooth ,very cheap...
  8. Mantra

looking for passive speakers for rock and hard rock music between 500€ and 1000€

Hi i'm looking for passive 2 ways speakers for rock music and hard rock , about metal i listen only the first 5 metallica albums and iron maiden , well dream theather and a lot porcupine tree but they not exactly heavy metal I like marantz / denon and and after yamaha amps , i use mostly a dac...
  9. Mantra

what/which dsp effects software player do you use mostly to listen muisic?

Hi I used to play music with foobar2000 Since many albums have lots of trebles and sometime too sharp (for example I was listening radiohead ok computer I own the vinyl,cd and audio aac , it 's clipping and lots of trebles ), other could sound dull or too weak or loud or with a not pleasant Eq...
  10. Mantra

do linux or mac play music better than windows?

Hi Maybe it's a silly question , but sometime i use a mac with audirvana and seems for my ears it does play songs better than windows I was reading a topic about linux vs windows what hi fi forum and seems there are several users that do report that linux or macos can play music better than...
  11. Mantra

advise/feedbacks about GENESIS 210 and KEF REFERENZ 104 AB

Hi I have found these speakers GENESIS 210 and KEF REFERENCE 104AB ,second hand but I haven't tried with my favorite amps and both are in a great shape I listen mostly rock music and hard rock from genesis , camel ,yes,black sabbath,led zeppelin to radiohead He told me GENESIS 210 are active...
  12. Mantra

question about windows audio players output engines , are they all accurate?

Hi I use mostly foobar2000 and sometime musicbee ,i have used aimp 4 and 5 Goldwave have the possibility to loopback record like audacity I'm not an expert , but seems the foobar2000 ,musicbee or other windows audio player output engine is different , i'm not sure about it ,but seem some...
  13. Mantra

noon question , do you Equalizer APO and Volume² ?

Hi reading the forum , I have seen users that do use Equalizer APO and Volume² (a 100% portable software or installtion program no registry or file left) open source Equalizer APO does look not easy to configure ,whilte Volume² does seem powerfull but easy to use i'm a noob , can I ask you if...
  14. Mantra

what software do you use play music and could advise my a good cheap external audio card?

Hi 1) May I ask you what software do you use to play your music ? actually I use foobar2000 v2 64bit under w10 /w11 in wasapi explusive with dsp (like sox replay gain and gapkiller ) and Audirvāna Studio for macos (but it does crash often) ? 2)may you advise me a good bluetooth receiver (once...
  15. Mantra

Marantz PM6007 or Denon PMA-600NE ?

Hi they are very good cheap amps , i have given a look in a store , they do seem well build ,maybe the denon just a bit better in the costruction knobs and so on for rock music progressive and hard rock , what will you buy ? I wold like to buy one for a gift to my young nephew , I gave 2...
  16. Mantra

differents amps ,might I have some advises about them? Dac or Cd player

Hi Well , I don't want to make a compare between Denon and Marantz , I guess it's unless but for my ears Marantz have a more flat sound with less bass and more treble , while Denon for my ears with more bass and less treble , all 2 channels I own even vintage amps Pioneer ,Denon and Marantz ,and...
  17. Mantra

can i ask if when I turn on an amp should I keep the volume knob at 0?

Hallo to everybody somedays ago i was in a hifi store , and the reseller talking about Denon and Marantz amps , he told me to keep the volume always at 0 before turning on I could understand for tube amps ,but transistor amps seems a non sense is that true ? thanks
Top Bottom