• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Adam ‘Tensor’ actives repair needed

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
A customer has a pair of Adam ‘Tensor’ active loudspeakers, they have developed as amplification fault, Adam say they no o get have the schematics.
I have forwarded various email addresses for the designer who has subsequently started another loudspeaker manufacture, my question is can anyone recommend an independent electrical repairer.
The extremely capable chap I worked with for years has retired, this would be ideally for southern U.K.
Thanks,
Keith

Armand

Audio Company
A customer has a pair of Adam ‘Tensor’ active loudspeakers, they have developed as amplification fault, Adam say they no o get have the schematics.
I have forwarded various email addresses for the designer who has subsequently started another loudspeaker manufacture, my question is can anyone recommend an independent electrical repairer.
The extremely capable chap I worked with for years has retired, this would be ideally for southern U.K.
Thanks,
Keith
Hi.
A customer came in with two of these plate amplifiers today in my electronics workshop. One has an amplifier fault in the bass section. Did you have any success in finding schematics for these?
Best Armand

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
No, the designer appears to have lost or at least never kept any schematics, it’s all rather a poor show.
@KSTR actually worked for Adam and he has been extremely helpful.
Keith

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Gosh, a very expensive speaker back in the day.
Whats the new speaker the designer makes? Probably should stear clear!

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Heinz left Adam and founded Hedd in 2015,
Keith

Armand

Audio Company
No, the designer appears to have lost or at least never kept any schematics, it’s all rather a poor show.
@KSTR actually worked for Adam and he has been extremely helpful.
Keith
Thank you for the info. I'll ask KSTR if he'll be so kind as to help me with some information after looking a bit more into it.

KSTR

Major Contributor
Thank you for the info. I'll ask KSTR if he'll be so kind as to help me with some information after looking a bit more into it.
I sadly don't have any schematics/info for Tensor series electronics.

Avp1

Nice, manufacturer does not offer repair service for their (high-end) product and refuses to supply service documentation for third party to do repair either. I would keep away from that manufacturer's products in the future unless I need something disposable.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Yes extremely disappointing, when I spoke to my customer just a week or so ago there had been no movement.
I suggested creating a digital crossover with Roon ( or something similar) the whole situation is very unsatisfactory.
Keith

KSTR

Major Contributor
The original ADAM company folded in 2014 (IIRC) for good reasons (general documentation chaos was one of them), then got bought by shady investors and then finally Focusrite took over a few years later, consolidating things. It's a completely different company now.
The Tensors are from the chaos era :-( Mind you, I had a topic in my monthly work logs than was named "Archeology" -- not kidding).

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
We had Hedd here for a while, including the main towers, which were fun, just had a couple of small issues which were never really addressed.
Keith

Armand

Audio Company
There seems to be some movement regarding this now. I'll keep you posted when I know more.

Top Bottom