• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio Alchemy DITB Modifications to the PCB

BIAMPDAVID

Hello and Welcome,

I just read a article by Kalman Rubinson about uupgrading a Audio Alchemy DAC-in-the-Box digital to analog converter (DITB). I found the article fascinating because my 39 year old DITB just just stopped working last week and today I went online hoping to purchase the same piece of equipment but was not successful. However, in the process I came across Kalman Rubinson's article that explanas his motivation to "upgrade" the little Audio Alchemy DITB. Yes you may understand that I am not a audiophile aficionado but I still enjoy music systems in general and the exquisite recordings that have been made in the 20th and 21st Centuries.

My motivation for joining ASR is to read the Reviews and Forums put together by enthusiast that understand electronic devices, electronic circuitry, and the science of sound which I believe is as important as the recordings that shape our perceptions of our lives. In addition, in my 30's I would go to live music events throughout California and have been to most of the important venues that were being used at that time. I remember one afternoon I had tickets to a Sheryl Crow concert at Shoreline Theater and had some excuse for not going and then I looked at a stack of music concert tickets I had and realized I was burnt out on live performaces and stopped going to them. There is always fantastive live music playing in California, however, I needed a "time out" and the last show I saw was the Beach Boys at the Santa Barbara Bowl; I should have gone to see Bob Dylan instead but I talked myself out of going because I didn't want to wear a COVID-19 mask.

Truly,

David A. Moralez or BIAMPDAVID

D

Deleted member 21219

Hello and Welcome,

I just read a article by Kalman Rubinson about uupgrading a Audio Alchemy DAC-in-the-Box digital to analog converter (DITB). I found the article fascinating because my 39 year old DITB just just stopped working last week and today I went online hoping to purchase the same piece of equipment but was not successful. However, in the process I came across Kalman Rubinson's article that explanas his motivation to "upgrade" the little Audio Alchemy DITB. Yes you may understand that I am not a audiophile aficionado but I still enjoy music systems in general and the exquisite recordings that have been made in the 20th and 21st Centuries.

My motivation for joining ASR is to read the Reviews and Forums put together by enthusiast that understand electronic devices, electronic circuitry, and the science of sound which I believe is as important as the recordings that shape our perceptions of our lives. In addition, in my 30's I would go to live music events throughout California and have been to most of the important venues that were being used at that time. I remember one afternoon I had tickets to a Sheryl Crow concert at Shoreline Theater and had some excuse for not going and then I looked at a stack of music concert tickets I had and realized I was burnt out on live performaces and stopped going to them. There is always fantastive live music playing in California, however, I needed a "time out" and the last show I saw was the Beach Boys at the Santa Barbara Bowl; I should have gone to see Bob Dylan instead but I talked myself out of going because I didn't want to wear a COVID-19 mask.

Truly,

David A. Moralez or BIAMPDAVID

Kal Rubinson is a member here. Do you need to ask him questions?

Jim

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Welcome to ASR.

If you want a replacement for that DITB (I owned one long ago) there are many fantastic devices which are inexpensive. Just let us know the context in which it will be used, what inputs and outputs you'd like. And I see Jim Taylor just pre-empted me in saying Kal Rubinson is an active member here.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Back to 2003!
If you were not a long-term DITB user and in for a little fun, I would tell you to buy one of the many much better, really cheap, brand-new dacs available today.

Top Bottom