• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best Power Amp trying to recreate Audio Note Cobra experience

OP
Y

yenot777

no, I'd suggest something like this https://glow-audio.com/products/glow-audio-amp-one-special-edition-single-ended-tube-amplifier

I ran something similar for a while but with some vintage (1973) speakers.

I think with Snell or similar speakers you will get fairly close to what you are after. Just be aware that maximum SPL will be limited and dense rock and pop mixes will sound like you are listening to a transistor radio.
Haha okay, don't listen to that music much but I always can leave my Roksan for that. I really appreciate your advice.

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Will respond here. Do you think 5W per channel is enough or I should look at Glow Amp Two Push Pull instead?
Might be a better choice. I notice the Cobra used in the system you liked is a push-pull - my mistake, I assumed it was an SE.

OP
Y

yenot777

No probs - be interested to know how you get on.
Hello and Happy New year to you all. So just to make an update. I have ended up just rebooting the whole system and it works wonderful. Maybe not Audio Note but very close to the mellow and magical sound with authority I was looking for.
I got 2 mono blocks on KT120 150W each, changed my PreAmp to Schiit Freya S, and replaced my speakers with Dynaudio Excite X44.
The morale of the story, sometimes we need to recycle everything to get what we want lol
A lot of thanks to everyone giving directions!

Attachments

• IMG_3724.jpg
    IMG_3724.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 23
Top Bottom