• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Cayin Mini-CD MKII CD Player Review

Rate this CD Player:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 31 20.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 75 50.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 37 25.0%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 5 3.4%

• Total voters

Burki

I'm using the Cayin via i2s (Amir hasn't test it) and I'm pretty sure, that it's bitident.

oceansize

Forum Donor
isnt this already well trodden territory?

if you're reading 0/1 off a CD then really isnt any CDRom drive and your associated software, eg. CDex, going to perform the same every time?

you can test it easily... eg. i have some brand name Pioneer and Sony whatever drives lying around

the tracks you rip should be identical to those ripped off a a no name drive like the one above?

if there were truly a case of 'accuracy' then the data you read off the optical disc would be corrupted in the case of the above drive vs. a brand name drive

to the drive what is the difference between a music file and a large excel sheet? nothing.
It might be prudent to ditch CDex, see the section on Potential Risk at Wikipedia. Other rippers are still freely available - Exact Audio Copy (EAC) is freeware and does an excellent job.

Top Bottom