• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon AVR-X6800H now released.

OP
M

-Matt-

Addicted to Fun and Learning
1704880222064.jpeg

OP
M

-Matt-

Denon took down the page for the UK AVC-X6800H for a while but it is back now (still marked as out of stock).

Unfortunately the price has now gone up to £2999. (Still $3499 in the U.S.).

(The U.K. page isn't linked on their main AV receivers page but google can still find it).

Tanquen

I placed an order for the AVR–X6800H the other day. I have the X6500H currently and I really only wanted to upgrade for the Dirac access but was also interested in QMS only to find that they've removed it from the most recent AVRs. Anyone know why they removed it?

Denon's HDMI 2.1 info page

I was able to order the Dirac license on Friday before getting the unit as the the 30% off ends in the day or two, today? I got the full version package with base management for $559. I hope it's worth it. They did say I had 30 days to you return the license. So he was never here. That's good news

Descartes

Major Contributor
I placed an order for the AVR–X6800H the other day. I have the X6500H currently and I really only wanted to upgrade for the Dirac access but was also interested in QMS only to find that they've removed it from the most recent AVRs. Anyone know why they removed it?

I was able to order the Dirac license on Friday before getting the unit as the the 30% off ends in the day or two, today? I got the full version package with base management for $559. I hope it's worth it. They did say I had 30 days to you return the license. So he was never here. That's good news
$559!! Hope it is well worth it, that’s highway robbery! Onkyo and Pioneer include it for free!

Tanquen

$559!! Hope it is well worth it, that’s highway robbery! Onkyo and Pioneer include it for free!
They both come with "Room Correction Full + Bass Control Multi Sub" for free? Sweet deal, that's normally like $800 bucks. I wish it was cheaper or included. I just hope I can tell some kind of difference and if not I could return it with in 30 days and get my money back, so they say.

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
I onkyo and pioneer do not include bass control. Single sub is 349 and multi is 499 when I just checked. So didn't cost much more.

ban25

The initial implementation of QMS was broken and the revised version has not been implemented in hardware yet. Likely won't be available until 2025/2026.

EWL5

They both come with "Room Correction Full + Bass Control Multi Sub" for free? Sweet deal, that's normally like $800 bucks. I wish it was cheaper or included. I just hope I can tell some kind of difference and if not I could return it with in 30 days and get my money back, so they say.
I've mentioned it in AVS but I'll repeat it here: your ability to get a refund after having used the license is highly dependent on asking a forum Dirac insider for help. The official EULA from Dirac states:

"3. Refunds. To be eligible for a limited refund, you (i) must have acquired a license to the Software from Dirac or from an authorized distributor; and (ii) must not have used the Software; (iii) must provide proof of payment for the Software; within thirty (30) calendar days of your receipt of the Software."

SlaughterX

I really need to buy a mic so I can get DIRAC to work on my Rz50 in my living room. Haven't really used room correction for probably a decade, back on my old Onkyo 605, 805, and Yamaha AX3000. Every time I tried to do it with my phone it never would complete, even when I had a quite house (no dog, kids or SO around to ruin the set-up).

With that being said, I did run Audyssey on my 3700 when I had it upstairs in the loft and... I did not like the results. I am sure I didn't run it 100% properly though, so I might give it another try on my 6700... no way I would pay extra for room correction software license tho. Maybe if I can run the set-up right it will open my eyes but I dunno.

Tanquen

I really need to buy a mic so I can get DIRAC to work on my Rz50 in my living room. Haven't really used room correction for probably a decade, back on my old Onkyo 605, 805, and Yamaha AX3000. Every time I tried to do it with my phone it never would complete, even when I had a quite house (no dog, kids or SO around to ruin the set-up).

With that being said, I did run Audyssey on my 3700 when I had it upstairs in the loft and... I did not like the results. I am sure I didn't run it 100% properly though, so I might give it another try on my 6700... no way I would pay extra for room correction software license tho. Maybe if I can run the set-up right it will open my eyes but I dunno.
That reminds me. I need to get a mini DSP UMIK-1 to use Dirac with the X6800H, correct? Should I get it from cross-spectrum?

Is there a recommended Microphone Stand to use with the DSP UMIK-1?

Last edited:
Top Bottom