• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Extreme Snake Oil

ta240

Major Contributor
That guy gets $200.00/hour consultation fees from audiophiles seeking expert advice
bGUuZ2lm.gif

His minimum patreon is $16 a month. Remember when it was "Like what I'm doing? How about a giving me a couple bucks a month. Now everyone is going to much higher minimums.

OP
S

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Holy Cow! The non-vibraton sound was so much better! He sold me on just using what I have. No need for that expensive rip off. I appreciate him letting me hear it so I didn't fall for a piece of junk. I am a very pleased as non-customer of Synergistic Research.:rolleyes:

Justdafactsmaam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Happy to see the You Tube comments are almost entirely mocking in tone !
I posted a response calling it consumer fraud. The follow up posts may be of some interest. I suspect my post that explains how his whole business is consumer fraud probably won’t last long. But I documented it.

Justdafactsmaam

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I posted a response calling it consumer fraud. The follow up posts may be of some interest. I suspect my post that explains how his whole business is consumer fraud probably won’t last long. But I documented it.
Taken down in less than 30 seconds. So here was my response

“ Yes. It's consumer fraud. Let's look at your assertions here for a moment

1. "risk free?"

I think not. Here is the return policy of one of your dealers. "House of Stereo’s definition of Special Order Items; Any Item that is ordered especially for you, is considered a “Special Order” item. Once “Special Orders” are placed, they are non-refundable or at the very least, subject to a 25% restocking fee, plus freight or Shipping, at the discretion of House of Stereo. For any authorized return item that is damaged, cosmetically impaired, or returned missing accessories, or with damaged or missing original manufacturer’s packaging and materials, House of Stereo reserves the right to impose a re-stocking fee of 25% NOTE: If the customer received Free Shipping with the order and the item is returned, the shipping credit the customer received will be deducted from the final refund amount." So it is hardly "risk free"

2. "And the products have been on the market in one iteration or another for nearly 20 years."

So? There are psychics in Jackson Square who have been doing bogus readings for longer than that on a daily basis.

3. "How exactly does that work?"

Here is how that works. "The federal Lanham Act allows civil lawsuits for false advertising that “misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities, or geographic origin” of goods or services. 15 U.S.C. § 1125(a). The FTC also enforces false advertising laws on behalf of consumers." FTC Truth in advertising "federal law says that ad must be truthful, not misleading, and, when appropriate, backed by scientific evidence. The FTC enforces these truth-in-advertising laws, and it applies the same standards no matter where an ad appears – in newspapers and magazines, online, in the mail, or on billboards or buses." "WHEN APPROPRIATE, BACKED BY SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE."

Let's look at your advertisement of just one product. From your website.

“The new Purple Fuse surpasses our Orange Fuse with technology initially developed for our state-of-the-art SRX Series cables. In fact, before two last-minute breakthrough SRX technologies, we could not better the Orange Fuse with its impossible combination of detail and rich harmonic musicality. As a result, we were set to forgo a new fuse introduction for 2022 as we could not build anything better sounding than Orange despite two years of trying. It was not until we finalized two new technologies, namely a three-stage long duration high voltage conditioning process and a brand new UEF compound featuring Graphene, that we were able to beat the Orange Fuse significantly. Together these new technologies create a larger soundstage with better image focus and higher resolution from a perceived lowering of the noise floor. Of all the fuse generations and refinements we have pioneered over the past decade, the new Purple Fuses are by far our best sounding and take the single greatest leap in performance over previous generations. All aspects of subjective sound quality get enhanced, including natural sound where instruments and vocals sound inherently right, dynamics, low-level detail, high-frequency extension, and smoothness all take a massive leap forward."

You make objective testable claims that the dynamics, low level detail, high frequency extension and larger soundstage. All of these qualities are objectively testable. Since the fuse literally does nothing to the audio signal your product would fail to meet the "backed by scientific evidence" standard of the FTC. Further, if investigated your claim of three new technologies would also be shown to be pure fabrication. You have not developed any new technologies much less three of them for fuses. Do you even make fuses or are you just taking someone else's stock fuses and doing nothing real to them other than cosmetic changes? What actual scientific research have you done with these three alleged new technologies? Where's the "scientific evidence" behind them?

Mart68

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I like the responder who reasons that because some people have been falling for the scam for 20 years, it can't possibly be a scam.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Decades ago, VPI sold a “magic brick” that purported to have similar impacts. It did not last long and was never reintroduced.

Just because some people will buy something does not mean it’s worth selling.

Andysu

Major Contributor
This tops it all
that is snake oil
eyes rolling with that rubbish audiophile music , be better to use pink noise or sine wave tone , but none of this is necessary now , we all know its , snake oil
download (8).jpeg

8p28pq.jpg

Last edited:

TheLastGerman

I just have no words for this: https://www.myhifishop.de/Voodoo-Ecke/AQVOX-LAN-Detoxer-RJ45-Kappen-LAN-Kappen-Netzwerk-Entstoerung::79.html

"QVOX LAN-Detoxer - LAN caps / RJ45 caps - with special crystal glass
Ethernet network interference suppression / LAN protection caps

Set of 6 for 99.90 EUR*

To protect unused LAN ports from electromagnetic interference (EMI) and dust, and to improve sound and image quality.
Highly effective optimization for all devices with open RJ45 connections.
Formatting harmonizes electrical vibrations/frequencies and minimizes electromagnetic interference (electrosmog).

What is AQVOX formatting?
Using a special process that incorporates our 30 years of experience in optimizing audiophile audio components, the material is given special formatting information.
As a result, electrical vibrations/frequencies are harmonized and electromagnetic interference (electrosmog) is minimized.

The sound is given more depth and three-dimensionality. The timing becomes more precise and the dynamics are increased. Overall, tuning with formatted AQVOX accessories brings a significant increase in naturalness and emotionality. The music becomes less canned and takes on more of a live character. The tonality is generally not affected by this. The sound does not become brighter or darker.

Application:
Simply test on all devices in the sound and image playback chain with open or unused LAN sockets.

Switch, router, DSL modem, cable modem, NAS, streamer, TV, projector, computer, notebook, DAC, HTPC, amplifier, etc."
Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

Some other gems can be found elsewhere on the website.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A new contender, he's been trying to hawk his product on Audioholics with this "testimonial".

Some of the most regrettable mistakes we can make is to get rid of audio gear that's thrilled us in in the past without truly getting rid of their cobwebs first; the dozens of oxidized connections found in and all over our systems. I've been an audio enthusiast for nearly fifty years, and can say that music is as crucial as food and oxygen to me. I collect a variety of audio components that I tinker with or send out to a few very talented modders hoping I can elevate them to a level that my ears appreciate.
I recently discovered a proprietary formula made by a company that has no idea how incredible it works to enhance
and improve the sound quality of audio components by applying it to ALL of the connections. I brought a sample to a friend who has a high-end repair shop in NYC, (authorized by B&W, McIntosh, Mark Levinson, Parasound, NAD, Adcom, Arcam, etc.) and I asked him to try this fluid everywhere there was a connection, including speaker driver connections, speaker cables, RCA & XLR terminals, and binding posts. He's in the audio repair business for forty-three years. His exact words were: "The sound quality is improved by fifty percent."
Another audio repair veteran with many years of experience said it beat what he thought was the best. There is no graphene in it. I believe that the continuous improvement is actually activated by current, even though the fluid is non-conductive, non-toxic, non-flammable, and a drop or two is all that's needed. I like the DeOxit products, but this lasts much longer because it won't dry out. I eliminated the vibration in an older VPI turntable motor with a couple of drops on the motor's shaft. It is an incomparable lubricant.
Its name is "Miracle Audio Contact Fluid." It's available on Amazon under the name, "Miracle Audio Contact Fluid". For those of you who try it, I would appreciate hearing about your success. If you're not impressed, return it for a full refund.

Product link https://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Audi...R1rP4-Vk0hvtEXGEY&dib_tag=se&keywords=miracle contact&qid=1714774807&sr=8-2&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR1xiJW889dcSoK_d_Q9o7MHdoXQJAtT3sNxiUiGDDCyGFv4OqB8xJvau7U_aem_AT7p9wtCLTxVGdKKjQleYKGTrJE5a2VJuUATDjKahaAn9z_IHm3000sRtD9tKybv9IiWofNiygRbCyfUSwKFVsYo

Top Bottom