• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Jay's Audio Lab and electral outlets

Andysu

Major Contributor
naked-gun-please-disperse.gif

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
And after all his bragging that “only a few own this [$205k] masterpiece”…

I realize that he is a YouTube influencer who constantly wants to entertain his followers and in the process get more money from his subscribers, but he is a clickbait comedian.

I find it very weird these guys who pathologically OCDing over power quality or grounding never seem to be willing to spend a relative pittance to build a dedicated battery bank + UPS and isolate their gear completely off the "dirty" AC network. They are not even internally consistent at their own logic.

egellings

Major Contributor
I find it very weird these guys who pathologically OCDing over power quality or grounding never seem to be willing to spend a relative pittance to build a dedicated battery bank + UPS and isolate their gear completely off the "dirty" AC network. They are not even internally consistent at their own logic.
There isn't any logic; it's just emotional appeals.

Tranquility Bass

Audio Company
Forum Donor

He uses one of those Stromtank battery/mains regenerators but still had issues with ground loops because although it may isolate the mains it still has issues where all of the safety grounds on all of the equipment are still interconnected and thus be susceptible to ground loop hum and buzz.

Andysu

Major Contributor
this ocd working hard ? looks like a lazy layabout , all this guy does is yaps , never seen video with oscilloscope or voltmeter doing some real hard manual work

DearSX

I almost hate to say it but ASR and EAC got me, I hardly take any subjective reviews seriously any more. Its like if it does not have some objective measurements, I'm not interested, might was well be a toddler reviewing the equipment.

I bet a lot of the equipment and things Jay says are (half?) true, but probably just as much is BS. Like I'm not convinced an expensive amp, DAC, cable, Pre-amp etc. is any better than anything else on the market.

Last edited:

radix

Major Contributor
I almost hate to say it but ASR and EAC got me, I hardly take any subjective reviews seriously any more. Its like if it does not have some objective measurements, I'm not interested, might was well be a toddler reviewing the equipment.
Oh, there's an idea for a bait click channel. A baby and a kitten review audio gear. If they don't like it, toss the kitten on to the speaker dome and shread it. Or have the toddler tip it over into a flat panel TV. If they like it, just put cheerios in the ports or toss apple sauce in the tweeter.

Andysu

Major Contributor
the clickbait behind the acoustic grills

Andysu

Major Contributor
he''ll remember it for ever , yet tells that his new speakers are best ever , then comes along $4m

DearSX

Its sad that reviewers don't even do blind tests, then again companies would not be sending them as many items to review if they can't "tell" a $200 DAC from a $20k one.

Andysu

Major Contributor
$100k ? clearly , open it up not very high mit tech with lot of hot glue if not mistaken ? hot glue is cheap , box is not mit tech , the parts not mit tech , yep snake oil hall of fame

Andysu

Major Contributor
@DWMB
he should tidy up the front of my room , really the sound quality in that room with the gear scattered all over the floor will cause early sound sound reflections and the $100k speakers would be along with that snake oil box , be useless the amps should be stored in another room out of site , the $100k speakers look tatty they are in front of projection screen , any sound from behind that screen will be early reflections against those speakers , yes audiophiles should know this

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
@DWMB
he should tidy up the front of my room , really the sound quality in that room with the gear scattered all over the floor will cause early sound sound reflections and the $100k speakers would be along with that snake oil box , be useless the amps should be stored in another room out of site , the $100k speakers look tatty they are in front of projection screen , any sound from behind that screen will be early reflections against those speakers , yes audiophiles should know this
$250,000 speakers ;)

Top Bottom