• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NAD M66 - finally someone makes a decent 2-channel preamp!

pogo

Major Contributor
Dirac Live currently has bugs and you could be affected.
Have you compared the M66 with the M33 in pre-amp mode? Is there an audible difference with your external power amps?

Last edited:

pogo

Major Contributor
The software for the M66 is still under development. You can recognise this by the BluOS version, which has three digits at the end.
What is the current status/BluOS version?

sharock

That should most certainly be a metal shaft in gear of this price point. Hope you can get it fixed/repaired without having to return it to NAD.
Agreed, a piece of plastic holding on the knob, which is metal and heavy, just feels like cutting corners on such an expensive device.

I have been using my M66 nonstop since I got it Feb 27th. One issue with mine, anyway, is that I power it off completely, but every time, it gives an error, and I have to do a factory reset.
I have been trying to use Dirac Live with bass control, but it just really kills the system when I have it enabled. My room is treated, so maybe I don't need it, but I was interested in the speakers and sub's time alignment. I have had the M33 for close to three years, and I am not so sure this upgrade was worth it for me.
What's the error? That sounds like cause for replacement. Mine doesn't seem to be suffering from that... yet.

Have you measured your system with just the M33? I have to say DLBC with 3 subs has really improved things below 200Hz a lot.

rlarson

Agreed, a piece of plastic holding on the knob, which is metal and heavy, just feels like cutting corners on such an expensive device.

What's the error? That sounds like cause for replacement. Mine doesn't seem to be suffering from that... yet.

Have you measured your system with just the M33? I have to say DLBC with 3 subs has really improved things below 200Hz a lot.

It was an Audio output error last time and I agree with you so I contacted the company I purchased it through and I will be sending it back for a replacement,

sharock

I received a replacement M66 today. The volume knob is attached! Hopefully there won't be any other issues.

Have to measure room for Dirac all over again.:(

pogo

Major Contributor
Why again?
Recall the DL project and export the filters.

pogo

Major Contributor
M33 projects can also be loaded with any other M33, for example.

markrubin

I am trying to figure out how to get my M66 to remember last volume at turn on from standby; currently it defaults to minimum volume at turn on

Hear Here

If it's the same as the M33, just disable the turn on volume option. Then it'll start at the volume when last turned off.

janbth

If it's the same as the M33, just disable the turn on volume option. Then it'll start at the volume when last turned off.
Where can you find this option? I can’t see in on my M33.

pogo

Major Contributor
Currently to be heard at the High-End in Munich:

Last edited:

Nocko!

I still don't get it - sorry.
As far as I can see, there is no Home Cinema input and there is no way to set a predefined volume when switching to an input?

Does the M66 remember the last volume per input at least?

Sorry, but before "babbling" about never coming future features I must know if I can use the M66 in my system at all. For now, all I read about the M66 and its features is really disappointing. And the manual (v8) isn't really helpful...

Nocko!

Thanks Pogo. I know the concept of "Presets" from my M17 but never understood it.
Using the BlueOS App on my iPad connected to my M17 there is no way to configure presets.

Reading the manual of the M66 there is only a small hint that you can configure presets with the BlueOS app. That is not enough for me and a little bit ridicolus: I don't want to control a "high end" preamp with an app that probably won't exist anymore in five or ten years. I don't like the idea that the device looses functionality if the app will be abondend some day by NAD.

So at those who already own a M66: Is there a way to set a predefined volume when switching to an input?

Thanks!

pogo

Major Contributor
You don't need the BluOS app to call up these presets. You can also do this via the remote control. There are also other interfaces and programs that you can use to control the M66.

Hear Here

If the M66 follows other M Series from NAD (I've had M12, M32 and M33), the Settings area where presets and numerous others settings can be established can be accessed in 3 ways - through the BluOS app, via the IR remote (likely to be less comprehensive) or via the touch-screen front panel.

No need to worry that BluOS may be discontinued in the foreseeable future, as it is being licensed to other brands to control a wide range of kit - not just NAD and Bluesound.

See Our Partners here -https://bluos.io/

Top Bottom