• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

NEOHIPO ET30 VU Meter Speaker Switcher Review

Rate this VU meter/Selector

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 3.7%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 52 24.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 151 70.2%

• Total voters

dmilller

Are there IR codes listed for this device? I didn't keep the manual

NEOHIPO

expectation

Sorry for the long update. The white VU meter we previously made is missing. We have asked the factory to make a new white VU meter. The following pictures show the effects of not turning on the light, turning on the white light, and turning on the blue light. Would you like the white VU meter or the light yellow VU meter?

NEOHIPO

Took all of 45 minutes to unbox and set up. I already had a mechanical amp switch for my speakers with full banana plugs. This toy works perfectly and looks cool. I got the 20% off from AZ, so I call it a deal! Thanks to all!
Brother, thank you for your love of ET30!

NEOHIPO

IMG_20240507_101432_[B@3e35b13.jpg
IMG_20240507_101504_[B@87df869.jpg
微信图片_20240507101355.jpg

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I repurposed a real walnut veneered case from an old Sony 8 track and the ET30 slides in perfectly.
Really? I could have sworn that was an old Marantz case.
Anywho it looks awesome, I love it.
Enjoy

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Thanks. The case is from a Sony TC228 which sadly doesn't power up anymore
One question, what's the component on the right of the meters with the round dial?
I'm guessing it's a tuner but I don't recognize it.

Crazycatman

One question, what's the component on the right of the meters with the round dial?
I'm guessing it's a tuner but I don't recognize it.
That'll be a Sansui TU 666. I have a 555a to match and love them both dearly.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
That'll be a Sansui TU 666. I have a 555a to match and love them both dearly.
That's so cool looking, I loved the tuners that used something a little different than
the standard linear log. All it needs is a "magic eye" tube. LOL I'm surprised I don't remember it?
Is the Mac green lighting stock or a LED update?
In it's way of being different, it reminded me of my old Mitsubishi DA-F20.
IMG_0642.jpg

jonmichael

Ummm, mine will transition from white to yellow to green to red with slight variations between but there is no blue. What am I missing?

NEOHIPO

Ummm, mine will transition from white to yellow to green to red with slight variations between but there is no blue. What am I missing?
This is because the color of the VU meter is yellow, and then the blue light shines on it to blend. If you want the blue effect above, you need to change the yellow VU table to a white VU table.

GPJ

That would be cool if you provided / offered different VU tables that were user replaceable. Many more options for color and style.

GPJ

That would be cool if you provided / offered different VU tables that were user replaceable. Many more options for color and style.

I'll add to that. Make it top, slot loaded with rigid pieces to preserve the aesthetic qualities.

GPJ

Sorry, I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean. Could you please explain it in more detail?

Hi and thanks for replying. I have these hair brained ideas when I see something (please forgive me). What I am talking about is possibly having different VU tables that can be inserted or removed from the top. These rigid plates would slide into a channel much like the divider plate in an electrical box as pictured. It would take some semi precision designing but the plates would never interfere with the needles and lock in place. This is me thinking out loud and nothing else LOL. Thanks for listening! Picture order is front view, top view, and electrical box with orange removable divider plate. ALL ACCESSIBLE FROM THE TOP WITH NO NEED TO GET INSIDE THE UNIT.

The number of custom plates would be unlimited and blanks could even be provided for the DIY crowd ............ runaway brain alert! ...... lololol

FRONT VIEW.jpg

TOP VIEW.jpg

divider.jpg

Last edited:

NEOHIPO

Your proposal is very good. We were also considering this plan a while ago and discussing its feasibility with the supplier. If we do this, we will need to open a card slot on the top cover, and there is also a risk of dust on the VU meter. We will continue to follow up on this situation and share any information with you as soon as possible.

Top Bottom